Stuns are making character ultimates useless!

It’s not really Lucio’s fault if he’s ulting in the middle of his team in reaction to a Dragonblade when a McCree waddles over and throws Flashbang into that team, stunning 6 people. Lucio MUST BE in the middle of his team to get the most value. You can’t get around it, he has to be in the center of the fight.

1 Like

It’s not necessarily just Mccree he can roll and flash since mei takes a little while to deploy, Briggete can stun but if you walk up to her it is definitely your fault, Doomfist punch he just has to have los on you, Dva can eat it but I mean that one is entirely your fault for letting her stay in mech, and my dog sleeping on my bed can snore loud enough to stop mei’s ult HONESTLY DOG SHHHHH

how is this not lucio’s fault exactly? he ulted not knowing where mcree was? furthermore this lucio should think and weigh the risk of standing in the middle of the team at all times, or picking his moment to get value from his ult.

also why are you trying to punish mcree for outplaying the lucio?

poor play deserves punishment. players should think before using an ult. in this case, lucio has to bear the risk and consequences of ulting close to his team and when mcree is unaccounted for.

First of all the animation of tracers ult doesnt match the cast time and yes tracers ult has a cast time thus it van be interupted

Honestly losing your ultimate that is projectile (D.va Mei and Tracer) when it have already left your hand etc. is quite dumb… IDK

And this is coming from a Sombra Main.

2 Likes

Did you not read the part where Lucio was reacting to Dragonblade? It’s not a matter of good game sense, it’s a matter of “Oh SHT! DRAGONBLADE.” A delay means the death of a teammate. But McCree who’s dueling someone happens to throw flashbang to set up fth which happens to hit Lucio in the middle of the beat drop. This isn’t poor play, this is random chance, and it destroys Lucio ulting in a way most other ults aren’t effected.

It’s not about game sense and not knowing where someone is. It’s about reacting to a high damage ultimate, using the ultimate as it is intended, and dying for it.

Another example, Lucio using Sound Barrier to defend against Tac Visor; If focused from the start, Lucio can die to the Visor before he hits the ground and actually casts the ultimate. There’s no gamesense in that, especially if Lucio is with his team like he should be.

2 Likes

that doesn’t change anything. all it means is another factor for the lucio to weigh risk v reward. good players will think about these things in advance.

lucio should think and weigh the risk of standing in the middle of the team at all times, or picking his moment to get value from his ult during dragonblade. in this game, perhaps this was his best option so the mcree+genji outplayed lucio.

also why are you trying to punish mcree for outplaying the lucio?

poor play deserves punishment. players should think before using an ult. in this case, lucio has to bear the risk and consequences of ulting close to his team and when mcree is unaccounted for.

its the very definition of game sense.

why is lucio standing in the open when soldier has his ult?

time and time again you are refusing to understand that poor play deserves punishment. sorry, you’re not entitled to sound barrier just because you have it. think before you use it.

Latency and ‘Favour the shooter’ would like to give you the middle finger.

But yeah, I kinda agree, being stunned out of your ult literally as you use it, and just seeing the percentage empty to zero is so literally embarrassing that I daren’t use my Lucio ult on the front line unless I’m drunk or have other dutch courage

I remember when the game first came out the Ultimates were marketed as extremely powerful abilities used to turn the tides of a battle. Now they’re usually as impactful as a regular 2-3 ability combo

Most likely healing or speed boosting his team. As a Lucio, you don’t have the luxary of hiding behind cover to use your abilities. You have to be in the middle of things to provide benefit to your team. The old 30M aura Lucio used to be able to hang back in relative safety and provide team benefit.

That’s why they made him fast and elusive, so he can be in the middle of things and survive.

Yeah but can you really count a unintentional stun to an ulting Sombra or Lucio poor decision making on them high risk, High reward I get that but in a team battle situation where it’s hitting the fan and your just in the middle of casting your ult and you get stunned by a Mccree who wasn’t even aiming at you but at someone else how could that possibly have been evaded or avoided it was just coincidence. And all that time you spent getting your ult is wasted to literally a 5-8 second cool down on a stun.

so you’re saying you want lucio to be able to stand in the open despite all risk in doing so. cool, but i dont want to play this game, whatever it is.

i’m saying in this case, i don’t blame the lucio for weighing the low risk high reward of ulting. I’m saying the mcree should be rewarded for using his ability so intelligently.

What I’m describing isn’t poor play on anyone’s part though. It’s random chance, a result of everyone being where they need to be, where they’re supposed to be. You are refusing to understand that. I’m fine with EMP going off and cancelling the barrier or the cast, that’s on me as that is a legit counter. But using my ability as it’s intended to be used, and getting punished for it isn’t fun for anyone.

Lucio is in the open, with his team, doing his job. By the time I react to “I’VE GOT YOU IN MY SIGHTS,” It’s possible for Soldier to have been aiming at me the entire time.

so a teams positioning is “random chance” and mcree’s positioning and timing is “random chance”

are you referring to vs ai mode? i’m extremely confused by this statement.

then soldier should be rewarded for outplaying lucio, and lucio punished for being in the open.

Intelligently? I highly doubt any Mccree in low elo will react to lucios sounds barrier voice line. And in the case of a coincidence come it could happen in gold and in top 500 and it’ll have the same out come.

What I’m saying is that to play Lucio, you have to be amongst your team, hopefully not just standing there like a goof. It’s how the character was designed and how he provides benefit to the team.

I’m getting the impression you don’t play Lucio much based on your statements.

im not sure why balancing the game for low skill players is a great argument but ok(?)

i think this lucio needs to make an important judgement call… do you

1. stand in the open healing your team and dying, or

2. position yourself strategically, save yourself and not die so you can go on healing your team.

and lucio is my most played hero, so, whoopsiedaisy

I am not a fan of the “PRESS Q AND LOSE IT ALL IMMEDIATELY” thing they implemented ages ago. Different ults have different functions, and it sucks to be like, Roadhog, pressing Q and watching him move to ACTIVATE the scrap gun, just to get stunned before you have the chance to even finish the ultimate activation. Then, whole hog is gone. It’s just dumb. I’ve also been stunned as D.va while trying to get INTO my Meka before, and I lost all my charge.

But I digress.

Make it a point to watch the enemy for when they use their stun abilities, and time your ult properly. You’ll get the most out of it simply by paying a bit more attention.