Stun changes basically Dart nerf

So it looks like the stun changes are using the minimum 1.5sec stun on sleep dart, not it’s potential 6.0sec.

Which means potentially up to 4.5sec less stun on the sleep dart.

That’s not a nerf, because dart can be broken. Look at it this way: what stun ability does no damage?

Uh… Falcon… Buddy? All stuns also deal damage, damage breaks sleep dart

In theory, if you did a sleep dart at the end of an earth shatter, or Mei Ult, you would have up to 6sec of more stun.

With this, you only get 1.499sec of additional stun

Wait, hang on-

Maybe I’m misinterpreting the patch notes, but in the scenario you described, wouldn’t Sleep Dart’s stun override Earthshatter’s?

Not at the end, it’s the remaining duration of the stun that counts.

If sleep hits at the beginning of the earthshatter stun, then it won’t apply, at the beginning it will not because earthshatter would have more remaining duration left than 1.5s.

1 Like

It depends on when the sleep hits.

Earthshatter is 3 seconds, Ana sleep is presumed 1.5s.

If Sleep hits when there’s still <1.5s left of Earthshatter stun (i.e >1.5s passed with the shattered target on his back), Sleep will apply a full effect.

1 Like

What normal ability stuns someone for longer than 1.5 seconds?

And another question… does Junkrat trap count as a stun to the game?

It is a snare I think, since you can still use all your abilities, you just can’t move

Good question.

Wikia says there’s a 1s stun, but it’s wikia…

Could easily test it though, use a transformation ult and walk into it.

I guess in a very specific situation where you Earthshatter someone with no intention of following up on it, it could be a negative interaction with a Sleep Dart fired immediately afterward. Assuming you actually intend to kill the target, this is a buff to that interaction, because they won’t wake up early from Earthshatter anymore when you start hitting them.

The only realistic time I can picture the downside mattering is the team going completely all out on staggering a Baby D.va with ultimates just for the memes, and it really isn’t that important that she’s stunned during that time. Plus it would only occur if the Sleep Dart was fired too early for maximum stagger anyway.

Right, and even if it was a stun it couldn’t be for too long. Definitely not longer than 1.5 seconds