Stuck on "Joining Game..." text every few games

Long story short, my game will get stuck loading and infinitely display said text. I’ll see my team/group/whatever in text chat, but I can’t interact or see my game loading whatsoever. The only solution I’ve found is restarting the game altogether, which results in temp suspensions when playing comp. Any ideas what may be causing this or how to resolve it?

1 Like

Hey there,

This is likely some kind of connection issue between your game client and the server that’s causing the failure to join. I’d recommend to start by following these disconnection steps.

If the issue persists try grabbing a WinMTR of the issue occurring. Since you won’t be able to get the match IP due to the issue occurring before you enter the match, try and figure out which server group you connect to the majority of the game, either lax or ord. You can find this in the network graph in-game by hitting Shift+Ctrl+N and the server name is displayed in [] brackets.

1 Like

tried the troubleshooting, but did notice one thing while troubleshooting. For some reason I can’t use ipv6 whatsoever, while ipv4 works just fine (obviously by using this site hahah). Could this be causing the issue, or help diagnose the issue in any way?

I’ll attempt the WinMTR later on today. Thanks for the help so far!

Hey there j626w,

The ipv4 vs ipv6 distinction shouldn’t matter. The game operates using either, primarily operating on ipv4 because frankly most of the world is still stuck on ipv4 for much of their connection path.

Replying back to you so that you can reply with the winMTR if you’ve done that yet. We can use it to look for more options.