Stuck in the floor custom game glitch

Ever since the Anniversary Update whenever my friend and I try to play a custom game, one (sometimes both) of us are put into the ground. Our game mode is almost always TDM or FFA with random respawns, no hero switching. As I said before, one or both of us get put into the floor. Most times one person is in the floor and the other spawns in as a random character per norm. This has happened at least once on every map we’ve tried. We have to keep on restarting the match until both of us are just both out of the floor by pure chance. When I mean “put into the ground” I don’t mean our character is locked into the ground entity, I mean instead of spawning the camera just goes to the exact same position inside the floor, no hero’s spawning in at all. We can even see each other walking around if we go to the area the camera is pointing at. Please help as my friend and I love to do 1v1s and this glitch is preventing us from doing so.

Best Wishes
-H_Dog

Hey HDog007654!
Do you mind linking a screen shot the next time you guys encounter this issue? It would help us out a lot! If you need help formatting your screen shot link, read this first: Forum HTML tutorial

2 Likes

I did everything exactly as I should, and used the HTML link the uploader site gave me, but I can’t post it because the forums are saying I can’t put an image in my post.

Sorry for the hassle, HDog. Can you provide me the link but replace periods with (dot). As an example, it would look like forums(dot)blizzard(dot)com.

2 Likes

(I had to add a colon mark too)
It ended up working when we turned hero switching on. I also have another picture with my friend playing Junkrat in the camera’s POV if that is needed.

Thank you so much! I was able to adjust the link.
Were you using any other rules, other than TDM or FFA, Random Respawns, and No hero switching?

1 Like

I think we limited all heroes except Junkrat in that screenshot. Also team sizes were both 1, game size and score to win were both 15, and Hero Limit was turned off. The map was only limited to Hanamura as well.

has this been fixed then? i made a post a week ago about this and had no reply and seen nothing about someone else posting on forums? :stuck_out_tongue:

The only way I’ve found to fix it is to turn off Respawn as Random Hero. It has not been officially patched yet to my knowledge.

hmm dont get why they havent fixed it then :\ been a few problems since event started, they should extend it :wink: hint hint

this is still happening, in the mystery hero mode custom games constantly, youll have 1 game thats fresh and will work and as soon as the next game starts it glitches out half the team the only way to fix is for them to leave and rejoin

shocking how blizzard havent fixed many bugs being mentioned tbh… none of these happened before the event started and now it finished, still nothing

1 Like

I’ve been running some tests and what seems to be the main cause is choosing “random heroes”.