Stuck bronze 5 despite winning an enormous amount of games

I was bronze 4 and got demoted to 5 after going 7 wins 2 losses. Since then I’ve had 4 rank updates, 28 wins 18 losses, and I am still bronze 5. You should never demote after a positive set, it is mathematically impossible to do, therefore there is some sort of bug, because I am still in bronze 5. Losses should not take more points than wins at this rank.

Why’re you trying to do math when it literally says it takes 7 wins or 20 losses for rank to change?? Going by their words it takes 20 losses to be demoted, and that’s not what’s happening for most. There’s a bug

2 Likes

I have never been able to pass bronze 5 for ANY competitive ranking despite win-after-win streaks. :frowning: Really makes you not want to play comp.

1 Like

You do not understand, it says it takes 7/20 for ADJUSTMENT not for the change dude. And it is hidden how wide the b5 is, because it still stands for the bottom500-1100 SR range from the old system. That is why math is there. Unless you perform really well, you would never climb. You need to be at 65-85% winrate there with 20-30 wins to be able to climb out.

Then please explain how I got promoted out of bronze 5, to go 7 wins 2 losses at next rank update, and be sent back down to bronze 5? It promoted me to bronze 4, so I had >1100 SR. I won 7 and lost 2 games, and somehow lost SR to be put back in bronze 5. I should have gained around 100SR, either staying bronze 4 or moving up to bronze 3, but I got demoted back to bronze 5. It only took my 1 set of 7 wins to get promoted out of bronze 5 the first time I fell into it. Now I am at 4 sets of 7 wins with 28-18 record and I am still bronze 5. I’ve had 35-20 record since being promoted to bronze 4, and it has put me down into bronze 5.

Simple, you were just on the border, which explains the back and forth move. Then the system have implied your performance is regarding b5 rank, and you’re stuck there. You are probably still on the border, you need to keep it up and play just a bit better.

Mathematically what you just said is impossible. It promoted me to bronze 4, I won 7 games lost 2 and performed well immediately after being promoted. And got demoted. If my threshold was past the bronze 4 point, winning 7 and losing 2 should be impossible to derank. If i am still on the border, how is 28 wins 18 losses since being demoted from the 7 win 2 loss set not enough to go back to 4?

You have to understand, the amount of wins has the less impact compared to individual performance. If I hop on your account, I will skyrocket from b5 to diamond within 40-50 games for instance. Your MMR is bronze, your stats are good only for certain ranks (b5-b3 mb). If you want to climb, you need your MMR (hidden rank) to be above your current displayed rank at first. MMR goes up only if you overperform. If you perform as an average bronze player, it doesn’t matter if you win.
That way after your MMR reaches some high point, you can go like 7W-14L and still rank up. You will notice that your lobbies (enemies and teammates) become silver or even gold, that means you are about to rank up after next rank adjustment.

That is the dumbest ranked system I have ever seen. I should not play to win, I should play to rank up. Do i just hide and spray for damage and make sure I don’t die at any cost, even despite my team? It is bronze. 1/2 my games the tank wont push out from the spawn doors if there is an enemy in their line of site. I am forced to take risks to make plays because my teammates want to spend the entire match shooting tanks with 2 pocket healers. supports wont heal anyone but the tank, and do not do any damage to help burst down high prio targets. You say I have no impact in my games, but we literally stalemate every fight until I make some sort of play, I am not being carried. On the contrary I am forced to try to do too much because I want to win.

1 Like

I know, I hope they will hard rework it at some point. Because me having about 80% winrate on one of my smurfs in diamond, I got put in GM/top100 lobbies for that, but the displayed rank is still diamond 2. Then I lose more than I win, but it still gives me rank ups.

Thanks for the info. I’ll try to win better, i guess.

1 Like

Is this still a thing after latest update? I didn’t have the time to try so far.

1 Like

yeah idk wth is going on but im also beginning at bronze 5. whats the point of waiting to see rank til after 7 wins if it just gives you bronze 5 no matter what? I know im at least a silver and getting bronze after a bunch of hard matches and on top of getting no currency to buy things in game is making me lose all respect for the company. We are just constantly being punished for playing and all the fun has been sucked out of the game.

yep, just got bronze 5 today

why am i going against plats and dias when ive only been silver/gold in the past??? this matchmaking system makes no sense and is impossible to rise above.

I have same issue. Today I’ve won 7 games and I had silver 4 and suddenly my rank fell into bronze 5. What can I do? What is wrong? Please I need an answer!

Past seasons from ow 1competitive role queue dissapeared from my career profile, other players have them, I got placed in silver when in ow 1 i was diamond.I spent so many hours just to get nothing in return.

Hey Blizzard. This issue isnt fixed. I am a Diamond player on Ps5 and I come to PC and regardless of how much I do or carry and win 5 out of 7 games, you’re keeping me in Bronze 5. Like what the hell is going on?!

Ah lets necro a old thread but ya known bug.

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Bronze 5 Bugs. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.