Streamers who do unranked to GM should be banned

They know exactly what they’re doing and are ruining a lot of games on the way up.

Don’t encourage this crap.

45 Likes

Not to mention a lot of the time, they’re literally breaking TOS by buying accounts or sharing accounts with others, but let’s just ignore that because wE jUsT WaNt OuR eNtErTaInMeNt DoOd

24 Likes

Unranked to GM are nowhere near as bad as Bronze to GM.

The thing about Unranked to GM is most of the time they end up placing Diamond/Masters in comp so they get into GM in only a few hours. Most of the times these are GMs just placing alts.

Bronze to GM however, are people literally throwing down to smurf.

60 Likes

Either way, when a gm/top500 player makes an alt, they KNOW they’re getting placed diamond…masters TOPS. They know they have to ruin a lot of games to get to GM.

These unranked to GM “challenges” are made because they know they’re getting to GM. They’re forcing wins and ruining an already shaky matchmaker.

9 Likes

I mean they aren’t really throwing any games, worst case you’ll go against them for 1 game, maybe lose then if you deserve to climb you will probably never run into them again and then carry on climbing.

1 Like

True. But the thing is making an alt really isn’t bannable. And there’s not much else they can do when placing an alt. But throwing, buying other peoples accounts, or account sharing should be bannable. But if people are just trying to place a hitscan only account for example, to practice hitscan, they don’t have much of an option when it comes to placing. It’s just unlucky they happen to be that high when buying an alt.

1 Like

The problem is that yes, one goes away, but there are more, more smurfs, more unranked to GMs…

Trust me, in masters, the game is determined by who has more smurfs, like 80% of the time. As I’m sure you can attest to.

You can literally add up border levels and guess the winner by the lowest sum and be correct most of the time.

4 Likes

I don’t care about unranked to GM but bronze to GM should get them banned.

Buying a new account is perfectly fine.

The only way a GM can start a bronze to GM challenge is to

1. Buy a bronze account
  2. Throw down to bronze
  3. Account sharing

The only way they can do it is by breaking the ToS.

And because they’re streamers you can very easily ban all the accounts they play on. I hate that even if one of their accounts does get banned they can just play on another. When possible (and with streamers it is) ban the player not the account.

5 Likes

No one talked about it before so why now?

That’s the problem. A lot of the time, they’re buying a level 25 account.

I meant new as in actually new, from Blizzard. Not a used account which has 25 levels already. If you buy a car with only 25 miles on it it’s still not a new car, it’s a used car.

Even when you buy brand new cars they have a few miles on them.

What if a streamer buys a new a account, plays with a crap controller (when he has never played FPS with a controller before) actually trying to win until level 25 and then changes back to KB/M? Technically, he wouldn’t be breaking the ToS, would he?

Fitzy did that once but he wasn’t carrying, he was literally playing with his screen off lol

I would like to see a streamer do unranked to GM with me as his/her grouped partner while I hardcore throw with Mei. That would be an accomplishment.

2 Likes

If it hasn’t placed, then they’re not starting any lower than they would be otherwise. It might still be against ToS, but it’s not the same as buying a Bronze account.

So it’s no worse than it was when we had SR decay.

While generally true, it isn’t always the case. Some of these streamers want to milk the new account to max, so they intentionally play poorly till level 25 to place low.

A streamer whose name shall not be mentioned use to have 200 viewers, but now has 2000 because of “educational content” he made by placing his account to gold.

1 Like

Banning wont stop anything. They simply will blurr out their information and continue making videos. SO that doesn’t really help the problem.

Ranks in games are generally broken either way and most companies aren’t going to be able to create an “ideal” experience at all times. I mean yes, it would be nice if people did NOT do this. But either way it happens in all online games.

That sounds far worse to me, now you’re just throwing for the team you’re playing on. I have no issue with someone making a new account and placing it even if they’re GM, just how it goes and you can’t expect people not to want to make new accounts to try new things and honestly if I found such a player in my game that’s a challenge and I’d like to see how I fair :woman_shrugging:t2:. People take loosing to someone better than them so personally instead of focusing on getting better themselves.

However people actively throwing or doing stupid crap like turning their screen off in competitive for the lols is stupid and should/is punishable, ill say that even if they’re on the opposing team. Do that crap in arcade or something.

You don’t play diamonds when your SR decays to 3000… your MMR is unaffected.