Streaks are unreal

So if exact 50/50 is impossible, why not stack the 12 players in the lobby such that teams go in the direction they belong?

As an example, let’s say that out of the 12 players, 6 of them are 2900 MMR but 3000 SR. The other 6 are 2900 SR but 3000 MMR. If the matchmaker puts the first 6 against the second 6, there might be a 45W/55L for the first team. This balances 12 people’s SR in one game.

Steaks are unreal.

I don’t eat red meat often. Just sayin’.

Did I say so? Are you bronze in reading too?

You said “insanely rare like winning the lottery”. For discussion purposes, using “impossible” is not unreasonable.

Imagine getting so mad in a discussion about a video game you resort to name calling lol. Sad and embarrassing.

thing is, i believe that blizzards intention was genuinely good and they were initially convinced by their own idea/system. it just doesn’t work on a fundamental level. it‘s broken and needs to be updated.

… I mean I dont know how to explain it to you. I already explained, you understood it wrong.

Imagine projecting ur rage. I cant help you reading.

I’m not projecting anything. I made a reasonable interpretation of your own words and it upset your delicate ego.

Maybe the hero you main is projecting some of their autism on to you if you can’t make an effective simple explanation.

I never thought I’d see pyah and mhz more or less agree on something, even though they feel differently about whether it’s a good or bad thing

Apparently you were too good for the range, so they matched you vs smurfs so you could fall. Then you fall down in matching with horrible players, and down you go again and again until you get matched up with a group where all are in the same boat. Then you go up a little - until it repeats.

Terrible game design - and hasn’t changed since the first day. Never going to.

There are several patents for it & blizzard themselves stated somewhere that they worked on their MMR system for about a year. There is more than just matching it together, but at this point it’s just speculations.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20160005270A1/en

This is mostly for CoD i believe ?

Just saying, actiblizzard doesn’t have any issues configuring their MMR system as they wish. It’s not that hard for a billion $ company.

At the end, all you can do is suck it up because they won’t reveal their MMR system for good reason. Y’know, wintrading and such.

Patents are patents and not implementations.
If patents would mean anything, technology now would look like technology in 200 years.

People are contradicting each other. One says roleq was so hard to implement even for a big company and the next one says something way more complicated is very easy for them.

And again, a company stating something, when there is literally nobody checking them, is about as useful as my 14 year old sister stating it.
There have been multiple examples of this, not only for blizzard but for nearly every other company and for nearly every politic institution.

I am saying how it is, if you think they took a long time for the current matchmaker, think what you want. But there is 0 logical explanation for them wasting time to bring people an inferior experience. Either they developed it for a long time and it is as good as it can get without major investment or they quickly made something that remotely works and arent willing to invest anymore time in it because they dont care.

To sum it up matchmaking is bad because:
a) improving it would be too expensive
b) they dont care about it

What people are saying is:
They are spending a lot of money developing systems to screw their players as much as possible without them noticing it too much.

This is the opinion people who think the Mmr system holds them back, have. However, from years of experience it would be more lile trying to please the casual audience.

Keep projecting dude. Let it out.

Marvelous.

Hi! Friend of a couple of programmers, an engineer or two and an actual mathematics masters student. They all say writing such algorithms are childs play, and any decent programmer, especially one specializing in numbers could do it with minimal effort.

Projecting what?

You said it’s like winning the lottery, I said “impossible”, which for all intents and purposes it is. The vast overwhelming majority of games are not going to be 50/50. Not really sure what you’re trying to accomplish here but I’m not going to continue to reply to someone who clearly just wants to argue.

Ok dude.

So many ignorant people on these forums who blindly trust that Blizzard has made the matchmaking fair, to serve the player base. There is something very wrong when all the sudden, you start losing tons and at the same time, start racking up all the gold medals. You’re telling me this is a coincidence? No…it’s the matchmaking putting you with a bunch of idiots who clearly do not belong in the same game.

In Blizzard we trust.

Well arent you special and deserve a good pat on the back. Yet you just agreed with what I just said. The matchmaker will put you in mismatched games that arent fair because there no way for the matchmaker to determine that it is 50/50 match.

That’s entirely correct. That also means that game are unbalanced in a way that benefits everyone too. The game isn’t out to get you

We really have to be more careful about vocal minorities.

Brexit, Trump as POTUS… scary.