Strafe jumping in Overwatch?

Damn, now I have to turn on TF2 and do some rocket jumping.

What’s that?

Guys, just browse through some comments from the start. There’s not so many of them really. Don’t make me go on circles all the time.

No offense, but your main explanation was “like in Quake”. That still leaves me in the dust. This person actually explained it.

Overwatch shouldn’t have strafe jumping because it could only be used on PC.

You can’t do that on console.

Well I told you to read some comments from the start where you actually found the explanation.

Yeah…The point about consoles unfortunately makes sense. I hope one day they’ll find a way to do that on consoles.

Fair point, but as the original poster, you should probably make a small effort to explain it in the original post.

Aye.

Strafe jumping, to those still confused, was just a style of movement that allowed you to go beyond your intended run speed. Doing this “unlocked” faster speeds, so to speak, which is why you always saw people jumping around in Quake, giving birth to the term “bunny hopping”.

What was unique to bunny hopping in quake is you didn’t need a ramp to speed up. You could just start picking up speed on a completely flat surface just jumping this way, although you obviously picked up a ridiculous amount of speed going down ramps, turning you into a missile…

We already have heroes with quick movement, the problem is the complete lack of momentum… it was all about maintaining momentum on the jumps. Although… Hammond sort of this once he gets going.

I’m not advocating for it, someone just wanted to know what it was so i explained.