Storm Rising Event - Dialogue missing? (Solved)

So, I posted this in bugs to0 but story-wise it worries me that they might have shifted things around with the relationship between genji and mercy because there has been no banter between them in the past 10 games of Storm Rising I played. I can say the same with all the other ones regarding them outside this mode as well other than the overly played ‘you seem well, genji’. Is there any reason as to why none of these dialogues have triggered? Am i doing something wrong?

What difficulty do you play the game?

I played normal and hard once, then expert 8 times,
Overwatch - ALL Storm Rising Interactions + Voice Lines! | Hammeh - YouTube. 80% of what’s in this is missing in the game

I know they removed the voiceline where the old Cassidy name was said - so Retribution is stripped from a lot of good interactions, sadly :’(

I don’t know how many times and what difficulties you have to play to hear them all, but some are really hard to get

well if you ever decide to do them please let me know if you hear any of them! If you would so kindly, it would put my heart and mind at ease haha

edit: also it was never like that, the banter was quite frequent when it first came out

Hi, I was intrigued by this post and I started checking the current patch files. I can confirm that the voicelines indicating a relationship between genji and Mercy are still present in the game. Yes, even those “I will protect you angela> if you are there I feel safe”, or Tracer who alludes to the relationship between the two agents. :hugs:

So far the only interactions completely excluded are part of Retribution with McCree / Cassidy (I talked about it here). You will surely have noticed that there are some strange moments of silence compared to the past. Or many voicelines between Moira and Genji in evidence and little variety for Cassidy.

This is something I never quite understand how it works. Or rather, I am quite dubious as to relating the start of certain voicelines to the type of difficulty. Sometimes it happens that something is strangely different while playing on low difficulty. But I begin to think that instead the variation of voiceline centers with the type of actions carried out and who carries them out. For example, if the Uprising team has taken a lot of damage overall, if someone has had more kills than the other teammates or, as with Retribution, if someone initiates a certain action before the teammates (such as launching the bomb on the brings). I noticed this in particular once I had a particularly dps Mercy, there was a variation in Uprising’s Tracer dialogue that is difficult to activate in the game.

And I think it also affects the time it takes to enter a certain area. Let’s analyze for example this dialogue on Cuban cigars:

• Tracer: Cuban cigars? Fancy!
  • Mercy: I wouldn’t describe lung cancer as fancy.
  • Genji: Tell that to McCree
  • Sojourn: You can shop for souvenirs after. And don’t forget to bring me back something.

For obvious reasons, this vocal line is not included in this patch (the name McCree) but I have never heard this voiceline in game, yet it is present in the game file extractor, and it has this precise order in the interaction. This makes me think it should have activated when the team stayed inside the cigar shop for a long time rather than proceeding to the next area near the gate.

Or have you ever played with one less hero? The dialogues are significantly different. For example, if someone is missing from the team, different voicelines are started on the explosives truck:

• Sojourn: Communications back online. Team, come in! Tracer, there’s a truck filled with explosives near your position, I need you to secure it and bring it over to the sea fort. There’s some serious doors between you and Max.
  • Tracer: If only we had a way to open up doors quickly!
  • Sojourn: You want to try one of Torbjörn’s nventions?
  • Tracer: Once is plenty, thank you very much!
  • Sojourn: Can you hear me? We had a communications block, but we’re back online now.
  • Tracer: We noticed.
  • Sojourn: Everyone in one piece?
  • Tracer: We are, but can’t say the same for them!
  • Sojourn: Here’s what we learned: Max slipped out of the distillery and headed for the sea fort. I’ll get those doors open so you can follow him.

So I think there is no influence on the degree of difficulty but on what is happening in the gameplay: number of players (and types of heroes present), stage crossing, performance achieved by the team or by a certain teammate.

A last strange (but good) variant that I have never heard in game but which by extracting the game files is present and active. I think it starts when a teammate is missing (maybe Tracer?) but it has always existed in the game with the reveal of storm rising.:

• Sojourn: Genji, how are your new cybernetics?
  • Genji: They do not feel a part of me.
  • Sojourn: Tell me. When you look at me, do you think, “There’s a machine that looks like Sojourn,” or “That’s Sojourn?”
  • Genji: You’re Sojourn, of course.
  • Sojourn: See? You’ll figure it out. You have a good head on your shoulders.
  • Genji: … Was that a joke?
  • Sojourn: Poor choice of words.

Thank you for going into the game files to check if they still existed!

I heard it like once or twice last year - but no idea what actualy triggers some voicelines to play or not.

I always thought some were easier triggered on higher dificulties but mostly because I play most of them on hard/expert and never on normal ^^, (and also, losing the game on expert+ and tryhing again right away).

I heard the Sojourn/Genji voicelines a few times too, but not this year (I didn’t play much Archives this year, sunday isn’t not the best day for me to play so… T^T)

thank you so much <333

edit: I suppose i just have to play it to the point when i go insane until i can trigger it xD

1 Like

my guess is that the easy modes tend to significantly shorten the duration of the mission and prevent it from being activated through recorded data (such as hit points). I often notice this when I have a torbjorn who wants to insist on winning uprising without a turret by making Tracer the best killer of the match: particularly different or rare dialogues.

1 Like

That’s very interesting, thank you! I’ll try to pay more attention this sunday!