Storm Arrow nerf

It is the small version?? What you talking about?

Or are you talking about the time when the devs literally made all projectile heroes have pixel-perfect hitboxes and broke the game?

Because seriously, it broke the game, Overwatch game engine or something is not designed for small projectiles. When they made them smaller, it caused all projectiles to simply phase through people. It actually still happnes to Hanzo and Junkrat fairly often, these 2 heroes being the only ones that have had there projectile size nerfed.

1 Like

I don’t know if they are reasonable to Hanzo.

But I am convinced that apart from the double jump, Hanzo has changed too much in the perception of his initial use, perhaps only according to Symmetra. If in Symmetra I can find a future Support shield that can replace she, the same thing I can’t say about Hanzo in storm harrow, “trivialized” by an ability too similar to mccree to be definable original.

When he gets picked in OWL, trust me he will be nerfed.

When they made it smaller, it was only for him. Junkrat just received the same change recently and he is stuck with it.
Players were having trouble hitting shots since it wasn’t so easy anymore.
They reverted his projectile size change shortly after.

well, nerfing the one ability by 50% opens a lot of space.

weaker against flankers close range, while still being able to kill a cheaky mid range hero that gets to close.

less shield busting.

less of a tank buster.

hanzo needs a weakness. his only one right now is widow beats him at long range.

5 Likes

Not true… all projectile heroes got there projectile size made pixel-perfect but it only lasted about 2 weeks before they reverted it because it broke the game.

Hanzo then was the only hero that got his projectile size nerfed by 33% which has been kept the same ever since.

Suggesting that Hanzo’s current hitbox is anything like his old one is simply ludicrous.

The meme that Hanzo shoots logs exist for a reason and that is because he actually did, until it got nerfed in late 2016.

3 Likes

I would be fine with just removing headshots from it.

1 Like

Hanzo and Widow both have balance issues when it comes to Him vs Her.

Storm arrows is the SMG version of what Widow has. But in no way, shape or form should storm arrows CRIT. Her SMG does NOT crit. So to fairly balance HIS storm-arrows, it should be a NON critical strike ability for him.

Climbing Snipers: The Widow hook vs Hanzo’s PASSIVE wall climb. They should BOTH share a Cool-Down. Hanzo can pursue widow to no end. While she literally has NO escape mobility like he does. He can DODGE and CLIMB repeatedly.

Arrow’s speed. I still believe that arrows should NOT be as fast as bullets. I know people were onboard for this change because it makes him HIT_SCAN. But Hanzo has become more of a Re-branded Widow and Ashe. Which takes away the Unique-ness to him.

3 Likes

So?

For the damage output/fire rate it could be smaller and it wouldn’t change a thing.

Hanzo is overtuned alongside Widow and overshadows the rest of the DPS roster and a blatent Hanzo mains deluded defense on the matter means nothing.

I mean I’ve only had the pleasure once Ryzik and i believe that was on your OP of how the game would be metaphorically more fun without Tanks/Supports so.

To say your bias is an understatement.

Oh I am definitely bias, I am a Hanzo main after all but I can’t trust the communities opinion on Hanzo either because they have always been terrible.

So I just trust what the stats show me and what the devs do, if the devs decide to nerf him, fair enough but like I said the community as a whole has wanted Hanzo nerfed even when he had the lowest win-rate in the entire game, so I can’t trust there opinion on the matter.

Also nerfs and extreme nerfs are 2 different things, a lot of heroes have been OP over the years but haven’t needed extreme nerfs.

16.7% buff/nerf is already considered big, a 33.33% buff/nerf is considered massive and a 50% buff/nerf is basically unheard of.

Like sure If a hero needs nerfs, shouldn’t you be suggesting reasonable ones that the devs might actually do?

3 Likes

How about no.

He & snipers overall doesnt need any kind of nerfs.

I hate to break it to you, but they will never do that.
Cause you know, snipers are meant tho HEADSHOT YOU…

How about: people & you who dont know nothing about how to balance this game dont suggest any nonesense nerf threads for heroes who’s fine.

2 Likes

SMG definitely headshots. The only real advantage Hanzo has over Widow (in a duel) is that he can wall hack you without you knowing.

1 Like

Delete storm arrow and make a version of scatter with bad damage but everytime it ricochet it make more damage so it prevent people from getting one shotted.

1 Like

Her SMG absolutely crits.

He is not hit scan. His arrows have travel time. They’re fast, but even Mei’s icicle is faster.

I wouldn’t be adverse to the removal of 1 storm arrow (with a compensation of slightly increased damage per arrow), but it seems like much of the forum is all about making Hanzo F-Tier again.

2 Likes

I mean, he’s a sniper. Not a spam hero. Even some of the best Hanzo’s agree that Storm Arrow is bad for the game.

Which is why I’m not anything about one shotting because thats the point of a sniper? Not a close range spam hero? Hanzo has the weirdest identity crisis in the game. He should go one or the other, not both. He is amazing at all ranges. That isnt good.

1 Like

Who exactly?
Lot of players even on these forums are complaining that a lot of thing ‘‘x’s’’ are bad for the game/kills this game.
Nothing new.

Mostly Samito and Wraxu. Samito is actually where I got the 3 arrow nerf from.

SamitOmegalul. The toxic guy w/ toxic community? Yeahhh how about no.
There’s no point even discussing with that guy about how to balance this game cause this guy still wants things like Brig deleted. (And im talking from my own experience.)

But I’ve never seen Wraxu really complaining about it.

1 Like

Bridgette’s shield bash damage was nerfed by 500%. Were you complaining then?

1 Like

I mean, I’ll listen to Samito considering he is a pro player and definitely knows more about the game than either of us. And he is also still one of the best Hanzo’s in the world.

He’s had some of the best idea’s I’ve heard.

She is still one of the most broken heroes in the game in organized play. She’s 3rd or 2nd.