Stop with the Demon Hunter denial

That’s rather excessive inflated.

You’d want people to pay more for a Sombra skin then a Mercy skin used to raise money for charity?

1 Like

…Worth it.

Especially not when they can make a new skin for the new ticket.
Hell I want a skinn to it like every year. :sweat_smile:

I mean they hard improved on the skin you get so I’m kinda hyped for this years blizzcon skin.

What? You were just able to buy it on PTR and they said it would be available for credits soon, then they made it Legacy out of nowhere, why can’t people be mad?

We got remainder of the 2019 to see if it becomes available… but losing customer trust is pretty underrated concept by big companies in impact.

Nobody would ever trust them ever again if they just bailed on us because some people whined on forums about it.

2 Likes

Sure.

But the double-talk from a company standpoint brings Blizz to a new low.

Those who complain about the skins release are the ones to really deride. They’re being possessive of a digital item they think only they should have. The rest awaiting its release were just following what Blizz had said themselves.

If it’s exclusive, it’s exclusive. I have Noire Widow myself. But if it’s said to be released… those are the terms. Words used to have some honor behind them. It looks bad.

I am British so I don’t exactly know the change from pound to dollar but if I was told they released this skin for £20, I wouldn’t be annoyed. They haven’t released any of the other blizzcon skins prior to this so there should be some exclusivity to it just like the other ones were. I never got the two blizzcon skins prior to this one which I regret but there’s no way for me to get it.

They shouldn’t have promised to release this at a later date. But they did probably because of the Diablo announcement and tying it all in together - get people hype for it.

Or better yet, they should have just had it available to everyone from the very start at a set price.

10 bucks is 7.90 pound sterling. $7.14 (the bundle price) is 5.64 pound sterling.

They probably should not have included it in the ticket in the first place.

Then yeah, if they announced it for £7.90, i’m going to be very upset with that. I give myself a little allowance every month for luxuries - take it out of my work check so bills are always covered. £7.90 is…pretty much nothing.

They always include a skin in the ticket which I think is a great idea. But they should have stuck to the usual Blizzard theme and then announced the Diablo-esque skin for Sombra at a later date rather than putting it on the ticket then promising people it’ll be released at a later date. Screws over pretty much everyone.

Yeah they did screw over everyone. This whole thing has been handled stunningly poorly. Nevertheless that was the at site floor price for the individual items, which was an increase from the price of each individual item in the bundle.

They should not go back on their word because a lot of people don’t have it solely because they listened to Blizzard’s own ad for it.

Just to be clear, the $70 price tag was for Blizzcon video content, not for the bonuses. They stated the skin would be released at a later date, and that could mean free. They are in no way obligated to charge for it. It isn’t “unfair” for them to give out for free because the purchase price was for the ticket. The bonus was early access.

Also keep in mind a lot of the core skins they added to the game were Blizzard game themed. Some are based on Starcraft and WoW, for example. The Sombra skin was part of that original set but they held it back for the Diablo Immortal release.

Another thing to keep in mind is that a few skins were tied to “play X game for Y hours” (officer D.va, etc) and after a while they made it a normal unlock.

If they do fulfill their promise to release it later in 2019 it will be a normal core skin like the others, or the’ll make it part of a Diablo release at BlizzCon this year (they’ll probably try again right? On pc this time).

Again, they are in no way obligated to charge for it. They are in no way obligated to make it free. They are only obligated to release it again this year.

If you spent $70 for the skin… I’m sorry but you should have either read the page, kept up with social media on the subject, or been better with money. There are many more people who read the terms and decided to wait. It’s not in any way unfair to give those people the skin - whether it be free or otherwise. The terms were simply “available in 2019” without any mention of how. Many news sites speculated it would be a core skin like the other Blizzard themed ones.

We’re reaching levels of bootlicking that shouldn’t even be possible

But ye I’ll @ you when they release the skin in the next seven months of 2019 - probably in the Halloween event because that fits the best thematically.

Until then you fight the good fight of “you shoulda done that thing they told you you didn’t have to do”.

At the same time, they’ve never released Blizzard bonus skins before. The purchasing of the ticket was for the video content, yes, but it was also for the bonus package that came with it. I can guarantee that if those items were not included in the ticket, there would be a lot less ticket sales. Yes there are a lot of other skins that are themed with other Blizzard games but no one is questioning that.

The issue overall is that they shouldn’t have promised to release it at a later date at all. They’ve never done that to a Blizzcon skin before and it wasn’t worth the hassle that it’s caused this time. They should have released a usual blizzcon skin - the blue and white theme they did with Bastion and Winstone - and then announced the Diablo-esque skin at Blizzcon with the promise of releasing it at a later date.

They’ve screwed over a lot of people no matter what they do.

Oni Genji. Officer D.Va.

And using those as an example, those were mentioned to be exclusives and tied to the events they were released in. Then they added them to the pool because people complained, so they went against their own word.

Why is this case different then? Why people lash out to them in this one? They can back out of saying something is exclusive then make it general, but they can’t back out of saying something is not going to be exclusive and leave it actually exclusive? Double standards.