Stop Pretending 2 Ults Should Always Wipe

d.va can fly into pharah using matrix to eat the first rockets and then let pharah kill herself on your mech, similar thing goes for winston and hammond.

genji’s dragonblade is susceptible to cc’s as he enters dragonblade he starts of with one dash which he uses to get in and kill his initial target, if you can somehow prevent him from getting a kill after his dash and push him away he’s going to have a problem to actually get anything.

but yeah i think genji is a broken hero, thank god they atleast reduced his deflect hitbox size a bit am i right?

1 Like

Believe me, I hate nano blade too. But I don’t think either ult deserves a nerf.

Just gotta lean on CC, which you should already be doing against a Genji anyway. It’s not as bad as grav dragons, because it’s not holding everyone in place with damage that is nearly completely unpreventable (dragons). You can still move, you can still cc.

I hate that it outpowers trans. But it is what it is. Get a friendly Ana nade I guess.

Sounds barrier is good on paper, but you know he’s going for Lucio first, so you better be pretty effing fast to get it off in time. Most of the time it’ll probably get wasted mid cast as you die.

Imo just run Moira and Brig (Ana if she is godly with sleep), Moira dodges and Brig better land that stun. Combine with tank ult of your choice.

1 Like

Forgot to say, RE: trans, nerf anti nade effect, reduce CD a tiny bit to compensate. Either that or introduce a counter other than ‘lol block/eat/deflect it!’.

Thanks for making assumptions that I or anyone else here don’t know how they “work”. Excellent contribution.

And no they don’t “work”.

the stun is incredibly hard to land on genji as he swiftstrikes through it and get stunned behind you or far away or he just dodges it by just being airborne, the better option is to whipshot him away tbh as you can aim it and it negates his ability to gap close.

Only nerf I’d give it is to not reset his dash just for using his ultimate.

He already gets a boatload of undeserved dash resets for tickling enemies. He doesn’t deserve a free one just for pressing Q.

If he wants that dash reset, he’s got to keep his dash off cooldown or kill an enemy before using it. Make him actually work for it instead of getting a free crutch.

1 Like

It is really hard, I agree. I’ve done it personally a few times (and whiffed a couple times), and I’m only plat. It can be done. Back to using tank ult to seal the deal.

That’s because her Shield Bash was an unblockable stun that both defended Brigitte and assaulted the enemy team. Not only that but it was also commonly used to set up massive team-wipes.

Brigitte’s primary fire (which is also a melee) still goes through barriers while still regenerating her health and for her allies.

Genji’s Dragonblade is the way it is because regardless of his mobility, he still has to get within melee range in order to actually be effective with it.

Yes, Nanoblade feels oppressive but that’s mostly due to Ana’s popularity, Genji is not meta and still has average pick & win percentages as a result.

With that said, if the meta is so stagnant as to eliminate an entire class, why are we all hellbent on nerfing anything that might be brought up to counter it?

I mean, I’m an Ana-Main and I feel like such proposals are counterproductive in the end run.

I’ve seen too many Genji’s with Nano Boost completely screw-up their ultimates because they got stunned, slept, displaced by the enemy team (and that’s not taking account into the Genji’s that end up missing a target so they don’t get a Swift Strike reset).

This is false.

Graviton Surge + Dragonstrike was nerfed because Graviton Surge disabled movement abilities and essentially forced teams to take the Dragonstrike head-on with little to no method of actively countering Dragonstrike.

Graviton Surge completely eliminated Dragonstrike’s weakness in that it was insanely easy to avoid.

Nanoblade still has the same risks that have always applied with regular Dragonblade in that Genji has to throw himself in melee-range and not miss a single Swift-Strike in the process.

If the enemy team is scattered, it becomes very easy to avoid getting team-wiped by Nanoblade, especially if you have a bunch of heroes with CC.

The chances of getting team-wiped by Nanoblade vs. Graviton Dragons is completely different.

Just use Graviton Surge on a nano Genji? I do it all the time. I pin him 80% of the time I do it. I just simply use my teams support as bait. “Mercy stand mostly near me. They’ll probably do Nano Genji. Mercy: Okay.” Japanese scream. Grav, Mercy floats to me. He’s now wasted.

1 Like

pretty much, just shatter that sucker, if you can play rein you can farm shatters pretty fast, and it’s completly worth it to prevent that cyborg from killing the vast majority of your team.
or you can just use winstons primal rage to shove him away. but yeah some ultis to counter it can work but it’s more efficient with cc abilities allthough they can be a lot harder to land.

Nano either doesn’t improve a lot of DPS ults at all or it doesn’t help them overcome their counters. The only ones it’s really good with are Genji, S76, Reaper, and Pharah. Now which of those are actually played…

I guess now you can nano Bob which is both effective and funny.

2 Likes

Last 2 Nano blades went like this.

1. Genji dashed up Bladed and got Nano. Our Hog hooked him away from the team started taking a breather and by the time Genji was done with him we had regrouped outside his range and he died desperately trying to reach us for a second kill

2. Nano blade activated! I booped him as Lucio, he then got wacked by our Hammond as he tried to chase me as I ran away speed boosted into our Rein pinning him.

The one before those two was a 4 man wipe but I like these odds so far. 4 out of 6 Ults wasted.

You really don’t know what you’re gonna get from your Nanoblade.

Sometimes you might get an Ado-level Dragonblade while other times you might get a big, fat, AKM-blade.

It honestly depends on the Genji player.

And the team he’s using it against and also the map (closed off small areas are great for blading)

1 Like

Transcendence and healing in general is the only thing that CAN save you from dragonblade and nanoblade for that matter… he slashes for 180 (with nano) every half second and Trans heals 300 hp/s…

Think again?

Even bigger reach, makes your argument even worse.

Oh sorry I should have worded it better: All you need to do to counter nano blade is Trans, predict his first target and bubble them at the exact time he dashes across the map, but not too soon as he can change the first target he dashes and slices, then hope he cant kill anyone while his team courteously waits for you to finish this little dance with the Genji, also that Ana is kind enough not to nade anyone.

Funny youre ignoring everything that I say. Blade wasnt relevant for the short span of the sniper/brig meta. There was a reason Genji and Tracer were the top tier dps picks basically since the game existed.

oh no, but you see other dps have to worry about all that AND have additional conditions, like the very prominent SHIELDS, and map terrain, other characters that can simply block the ult and for some of them being basically stationary during their ults, etc.
‘‘to get good blades’’ I saw a genji main the other day complaining about how Blade is too weak now, cause he only consistently gets 1-2 kills now, cause Genji has so many counters.

Feel free to talk to basically entire DPS roster and ask how many of them get 1-2 kills consistently with their ults, what stars need to align so they can do even that much.

1 Like

Actually once genji uses his first blade dash any boop will counter the blade (since dash resets on kill).
Tank:
D.va, Hammond, Orisa.
Damage:
Ashe, Junkrat, Pharah
Support:
Lucio, Brig
Added benefit is that your teammates can’t wake up the nano blade.

Ana is going to nade the team, it’s how the whole combo starts usually. Also, nanoblade absolutely can slice through trans, I assume because of dash. I am a terrible Genji, but I’ve been that Zen plenty enough to have seen it from the other side.

I’m not saying nerfs need to happen, but you have your head in the sand with that comment.

Shatterblade is overpowered, let’s nerf Reinhardt.

Genji has a slim hitbox and double jump, which helps him survive just as fine as Brig’s shield.
As for Brig’s longshot, it has the downside of pushing enemies away from her reach.

Dash and run. Dash is 35 meters, which means that by dashing and running for 2 seconds, which is 2.4 seconds, he has gone 51m.

He can easily close the gap since he goes much faster than you.

Sombra is not even viable right now.

If you can land it. Also, forums say Doomfist is terrible right now. Not that I believe it, although his winrate tanked a lot.

Again, IF you can land it. Otherwise you just went far away from your position for nothing.

Wasting a precious, long to charge ult on a guy that can send it back in your face.

If you can make Mei work, but by the time he’s frozen, he forced you to cryo.

Again, need to land it. Easier to get a Lucio.

Most CC requires to be in CQC. Where Genji will kill you once the CC ends and get his dash reset.

It is per game. We don’t have per ult stats.
Genji is not the only hero charging his ult fast, there’s Hanzo, Tracer or Junkrat.
But they get much less ult kills per game (3.6, 2.6 and 4.6).
Genji gets too much value out of his ult.