Stop Pretending 2 Ults Should Always Wipe

No one is pretending 2 ult combo should always team wipe, only that you should expect to spend comparable resources to defend it. e.g. a grav or a shatter or a whole hog or 1-2 support ults.

You however…how about you stop pretending nanoblade always team wipes and is not counterable. If you have no intention of adapting and get better then don’t play competitive games.

1 Like

Trying to argue that nano blade has the same kill potential as Bastion ult is reaching.

Oh yeah, not like he can instaslice 90% of the roster. Just Trans and predict his first target to bubble before he gets slice off, then hope he doesnt have any of his 2 dashes (and before you think I didnt play the game before I am refering to the dash reset on Q) and that he didnt dash in the middle of your team and then hope hes dumb enough to waste the other 5 seconds of his instaslice nano blade. And ofc for his team to be nice enough to give you time to try and deal with it.

Im not arguing any of them are ‘‘the problem’’ Im saying nano blade is a problem. Blade had its balancing issues since it existed, since Genjis biggest problem was having Lucio/Zen viable (though he builds Blade faster than either of them get ults), and has the least amount to think about to get value compared to other dps ults. Nano Blade as a combo is a big problem, as the only effective counterplay is GOATS or hoping Genji messes up, the same way Zarya Hanzo were a problem.

Sure.

Genji has a base speed of 6m/s. It’s an increase of 33%. At least get the facts right if you’re going to criticize

It is still a 45% increase compared to literally anyone else.
If it was “only” 30%, Lucio on speedboost would be enough. Spoiler alert: it isn’t.

Just saying but according to that logic molten core, dragonstrike, d.va bomb, Graviton, Riptire, and other ults should be nerfed too. :thinking:

Actually Tracer is Blizzards favorite character…and genji is balanced pretty good…not our fault ur not outplaying him so stop Q.Qing

1 Like

I have 50 hours in genji, he’s my most played hero but i agree that nanoblade is too unstoppable for what it is.
Just because you put two ults together doesnt mean you should automatically be guaranteed a wipe.

Yesterday I played with a genji that got two teamwipes with nano blade and died miserably the only time he didnt get nano’d.
I thought he was amazing until i saw the POTG and… his mechanics were so poor, not using dash after getting a kill, missing targets right in front of his face, missing dashes…

The blade ended and he wasn’t able to kill two squishies that were in range the entire time he was ulting, he just kept missing them, luckily he was still nano’d when the blade ended so his next fan shuriken killed one and someone else finished the other.

My point is, he was so bad he didn’t deserve to solo team wipe like that, and i guarantee if he wasn’t nano’d, at most he’d get 1 or 2 kills and immediately die, he was able to team kill because the first slash killed 3 people, he spent the rest of the blade fumbling over easy targets.

Nano takes all the skill out of blade because you soak up too much damage to be punished for poor mechanics/strategy given your hitbox and mobility while at the same time you can one shot heroes.

1 Like

graviton was nerfed :thinking:

If we want to be realistic, the Grav/dragonstrike got nerfed in two ways just because it was as unstoppable.

Both Zarya’s graviton got nerfed, also Mercy’s interaction with dragonstrike.

They can leave this in the game and ppl will claim that its balanced, yet when it comes to an ultimate like Symmetras old tp/sg ppl say it was so broken and unhealthy. Girl i-

Sleep him or any cc. Earth shatter is a good trade

Lol not at all. You’re generalizing and not even generalizing well. AOE is different than a slippery cybernetic ninja actively tracking you down.

The ults you listed are functionally fundamentally different than dragonblade.

1 Like

1 Zen Ult and NANO+GENJI KILLS NOTHING!

Play Zen you fool!

Still AoE, and still requiring you to spread out. :man_shrugging:

Never said I want them nerfed, but just applying that logic to other AoE ults that you need to split up from.

The word “Balance” has been stricken from Blizzards dictionary. We don’t use that word around here…

1 Like

And this is where you effectively make the discussion worthless. Because any counters people can list you can now say “that’s circumstantial” or “that was luck”. Almost everything in the game is circumstantial, I CAN shatter the genji as rein but if he gets bubbled that plan goes out the window, that’s not OP that’s very good teamplay.

Edit: accidentally left out the “no” at the beginning of the quote my bad.

2 Likes

What the actual hell does that mean?

All ultimates are countered by circumstantial things happening dude. Mei doesnt place walls “randomly” or walls are there 100% of the time everywhere. When theres a nano blade and Mei walls you up … yeah you are done. No dash reset, you have to climb and all the enemy team shoots to you.

Over exaggerating things is not going to help you either, especially when a simple well placed boop can literally destroy Genji’s nanoblade. If you miss your first kill and lucio boops you … thats it.

Shattered by Rein, thats it.
Slept by Ana, thats it.
Visor by soldier (yeah deflect 2 sec and then die miserably), thats it.
High noon from afar, thats it.
Rip tire, thats it.

Should we continue?

Nano blade is great because shields or DM dont counter it but … many other things do.

2 Likes

emp_dvabomb.
drop mic

It’s difficult to outplay, but it can be done.

Grav is the easiest counter to nanoblade imo. You can also try to boop + speed your team away after beat drop with Lucio.

1 Like

ho you complain about nano blade? man this one is easy to stop, only bronze player have problem about it.
you can stun with brig and mc cree
sleep with ana
lucio shield
stun with earth shater
area denial with molten core and ham mines
trap with junkrat
you can block with a grav
you can folow gengi with a zen.
you can dva bomb him.
you can shoot a dragon in your team.
nah seriously stop…