Stop posting here

I’m not saying people won’t beg for more nerfs for her. I’m saying this last nerf won’t kill her.

Do I think it was the wrong nerf? Yes.
Is mercy still viable despite it? Also yes.

4 Likes

To be fair to the Mercy mains who have been playing her from Day 1, the changes to her kit has been quite substantial and they have had to adapt. A lot.

So i can understand their despair and out rage over, yet another, game affecting change. Case in point, i play a Main Healer (White Mage) on Final Fantasy XIV and that class had seen quite a lot of changes over the years and was, still is, the classic victim of power creep (consensual amongst FFXIV players). We even had to adapt to receiving a huge damage nerf. So i can understand the pain of the Mercy players, especially those who had been playing her for the past 1 to 2 years.

That said, once the grumbling is done, yeah, buckle down and adapt (again) and look at the big picture. Instead of being sad that you are no longer the only healer on the team, be happy! Because you can now share the work load with another healer and people can no longer say that Mercy is a no-skill, low-skill, brain-dead character because now, Resource Management is so critical to being a Top Mercy Player.

btw, iirc and i could be wrong, Lucio radius was actually a revert, sort of. Lucio’s healing/speed boost aura was nerfed down to 10’ and now it has gone back up again. Actually, if i had my way, i would rather they upped his HPS and quicken his Ult charge rate and activation time instead of the current buffs but hey, adapting is the order of the day! =)

Guess maybe we Reinhardt / Tank players kinda are used to that XD

1 Like

She’s still small framed and difficult to hit at a distance. She still has 200 hp. Her beam heal is still useful and helpful. Her damage boost is still strong. She still has a pistol. She can still valk and fly. She can still chain heal/damage. She can still float. She can still fly cancel and glide past things. SHE CAN STILL REZ. She can still do her job.

Yea the mercy mains already know this.

this nerf wont really impact her place at all.

thanks for pointing that out for the rest of the people.

Hey man, when you lose your house and your car you shouldn’t be grumpy, at least you still got your health, right?

5 Likes

This is more like having the gas from an off-brand gas station, than anything ownership related. Car still works fine. House is still there.

4 Likes

Hey man, when in the long run your car engine breaks down because you put trash gas into the tank, you shouldn’t be grumpy, at least it didn’t get stolen or something, right?

2 Likes

This metaphor is bad because it doesn’t reflect on the replayability of a video game.

5 Likes

Don’t bother. He doesn’t listen to logic.

5 Likes

There is no logic involved in what he says. He’s simply saying “hey, it could be worse guys, right?” when in reality, the chipping away has started and chipping away something eventually destroys it.

9 Likes

If you think, my main topic had anything to do with

then you really don’t have a clue what adaptation is.

I’m here to pull the bandaid off, not babysit.

1 Like

I have adapted lots of times, you can’t even imagine.
You’re flat wrong on this nerf though, it’s the first time I said “woah there, this is gonna be weird”.

5 Likes

There’s no logic involved in your argument. You’re basically just saying “Yeah, but they’re gonna nerf her again!” Which is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

1 Like

When did I say that? Quote it.

Yeah I’m starting to get used to it. It’s still meh and I rather have lost rez but what can you do. Devs gonna stubbornly nerf each part of her kit to justify rez on E.

:thinking:

Can we all agree that Moira by design should have higher healing output than mercy? She has no utility whatsoever and was still outshined by mercy in a standard 2-2-2

3 Likes

i think of it as a trade-off because Rez is such an integral part of what make Mercy “Mercy” as a character and as part of the lore.

“Heroes Never Die!” =)

I guess her orbs don’t exist?

That was an example of what his thread would look like IF an additional nerf happened on her left click because the thread’s point is “well, she’s still usable, the nerf was small”. I was trying to show that going over small nerfs and saying “eh, it’s ok, not a big deal” it might result to additional smaller nerfs which pile up and make a big one down the road.

2 Likes