Stop Making Mystery Heroes Permanent

I think Blizzard is trying to tell us something by having that mode so prevalent

mistery heroes is a massive chore. last week i needed one victory for my last box, but after 8 defeats i gave up on it. this mode is a nightmare. and of course it’s the most played one, it’s permanent. that’s the point.

arcade and MH could do with some sort of overhaul. where is the harm in arcade having 2 or 3 more slots? and mistery heroes definitely shouldn’t have hero stacking. they could also make it so that there is always at least one healer, one tank and one dps on each team.

also, this:

if some of these changes could be applied, MH being permanent wouldn’t even bother me, to be honest.

2 Likes

This. In fact it’s the only mode I play because it’s usually the least toxic.

3 Likes

How else can I give you a chance to snark a reply and inflate your post count?

And you’re welcome.

I just wish they would bring back and introduce more arcade modes other than Death match. I’m glad to see Low Gravity making a comeback, but where’s “We’re all soldiers” or the 5 reins and lucio? Even All Doomfist was fun. The only time we get “new” arcade modes is during the events, and even then, they’re the same as last year’s.

Mystery Heroes is, in my opinion, the more straight forward, and less chaotic mode, which is why it’s the most popular one. It’s the most reliable mode to earn your lootboxes. Mayhem is 20 minutes of struggling to get EMP while avoiding stuns. Death matches are a hassle because the maps aren’t built for the mode (except for the two made for them, obviously). It’s no wonder MH is popular.

3 Likes

Mystery and all forms of FFA combined are both significantly more popular than everything else and it isn’t even close.

Honestly speaking, they should put up dual-slot squares rather than waste 2 slots out of 5 for arcade. Kinda similarly to how they did the Archives event.

That way you can click, let’s say, Lucioball QP // Comp from only 1 slot leading you to a sub-menu to pick one or the other. The same should be applied to FFA/TDM modes that are often in the 5 arcade slots, that way u can click FFA or TDM from only 1 arcade slot. This would open up for more arcade variety with modes that appear not so frequently (e.g. low gravity or even ctf).

Honestly since we all know Mystery Heroes is permanent, why don’t we give it a nice little spot next to Quickplay. That way everyone can still play it, yet it doesn’t clog up a spot in the arcade.

5 Likes

It’s crazy to think but people actually have different opinions on what is good or bad.

Mystery Hero is where I spend 99% of my time when I play Overwatch and I know that I’m not alone in this. Take it away and there is no reason to play.

As someone mentioned earlier IF ANYTHING it should be taken out of Arcade and given its own slot on the main “play” menu. OR BETTER YET make a whole Mystery section, for Mystery Hero, Mystery FFA and Mystery 1v1 (or other Mystery variants on arcade modes)

3 Likes

I agree, Mystery Heroes used to be my favorite gametype but now I’m done getting weak teams. I’d win every week’s lootboxes if I could play Team Deathmatch or even the good old Brawl mode but it’s always stressful games like FFA Deathmatch, Elimination or worst of all (to me) 1v1.

(Edit)
At least in All Brawl you had enough variety of gametypes to make each games interesting

I honestly think No Limits should be the permanent game mode cause…that was QP before QP because Comp Practice.

MH deserves its permanent tile. Any week without MH in the Arcade would be a week that I didn’t bother loot-boxing.

The mode still needs a bit of work. It can (and should) keep the Mystery aspect while being slightly less random. Tune the selections so that you’ll generally have at least one of tank/damage/support at all times. Eliminate duplicates. Allow some amount of ultimate meter to endure through hero swaps, so that “first team to get any ultimate” isn’t so often what determines victory. Then, it would be great.

Yesterday in one round of MH, my team had 3x Winston, 2x Moira, 1x Pharah, and we got the first ults. The other team had … whatever. Stuff. It didn’t matter. There’s no chance it was fun for them (not like I’m going to throw the match, though).

I suspect the number of additional persons who would play “slightly less random Mystery Heroes” is more than the number of “omg you ruined my beautiful random chaos” quitters.

1 Like

It was a nightmare when QP was “No Limits” 6 Torbs/Syms is amusing the first time but it gets old, fast.

It’s a perma-ignore for me on that mode, unless a new hero has been release (but even that’s pretty lame as well)

one big change I want is between rounds on control everyone gets a new hero. It keeps the random in and doesn’t allow a team to get another lockout if they were able to do it in the previous round

4 Likes

You get better team comps in MH than you do in quick play.

5 Likes

Pretty much. At least in MH you get tanks and healers more times in one round than you do in 10 rounds of QP. Also, you can’t one trick.

1 Like

Actually why isn’t this a thing? It’s an incredibly popular gamemode and the only real downside is it won’t give loot box wins anymore.

YEs! Make it Total Mayhem there is surely more love then for MH.

Honestly it would just be better if there was 2 daily rotation tabs.

:heart: Total Mayhem :heart:

1 Like

Just replying to something to bump this thread a bit.

It’s just popular, that’s all i think.

They tried to take it out off arcade once, people didn’t like that move. I think they should try again anyway. I believe lot of people want to play other modes again.

I don’t think that poll shows enough for you to make the argument that Mystery Heroes having a 7% lead over the next most popular mode is enough to make it permanent.

That’s only ~520 people.

1 Like