Stop lowering my endorsement level

A Dev stated it somewhere but I don’t have the link to it.

I’ll take your word for it, aye.

1 Like

The overall Endorsements page gives details similar to mine:

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/endorsements/

I saw someone with a level 5 endorsement. It was a Sym one trick. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You ARE leaving games early. You just do not realize it. Stop leaving before you see the 4 player cards get handed out. Any time you leave before that causes a chance that the code that clears your match leaving penalty has not yet been sent / received by the Blizzard central hub server. Just wait those few extra seconds and miraculously your endorsement levels will stop bouncing like a yo yo.

Its not fair to other members of a team to wait for a backfill if you decide to leave mid-match.

That is true, however, endorsement barely does enough to punish that, in my opinion, specially if endorsement experience goes down if you exit the match basically at the end, as OP said. And if it doesn’t and it also works the way you explained, then a low level endorsement could be just someone that doesn’t get endorsed as much in games, or someone that quits most of his games mid-way. It’s just an opinion, though. Probably does it’s share on helping.

Stop leaving before you see the 4 player cards get handed out. Any time you leave before that causes a chance that the code that clears your match leaving penalty has not yet been sent / received by the Blizzard central hub server.

I think OP’s point and mine is that the whole “Technically early” thing could be fixed pretty easily.

I found it.

1 Like

That’s the thing, I do get endorsements quite often, I play everyday but still… Anyways, I think I’m gonna wait for the cards and see how it goes

1 Like

I found it.

Thanks for actually taking the time out to find that!

1 Like

People don’t endorse me in competitive play for some reason. They just leave the game and search for a new match. I only get endorsements for healing in Quick play and that is usually where I get it from.

1 Like

If everyone leaves at the match resolution screen though, wouldn’t that speed up Q times?

Level 5 is obtainable and consistent after a while. I’ve been 5 for a couple months tbh.

No, because the game’s ending information needs to be sent to Blizzard’s central hub server and applied to your account. Until that happens you are officially still in the game and not elligible for a new game.

Im a Sym main and i maintain level 4. Its nice that people dont get outright hostile when Symmetra is on their team anymore.

Ill get level 5 one day.

2 Likes

Plot twist: they were endorsed by all the enemies :wink:

1 Like

I was going to shut you down for saying that but you are actually right. BigProf has a surprisingly high number of enemy votes comparatively.

No worries though, BigProf. As a former Sym main I will support you and would be fine having you as a teammate.

How can you tell? ///

As long as they have not set their profiles to Private or Friends Only you can check out any other player or forum poster’s endorsement levels along with every other stat.

In these threads in the forums simply left click on someone’s name to get a popup box. Left click on View Profile.

Now the green part of endorsements is in the upper left, orange in the upper right, and purple in the bottom. Enemy team players can only endorse you with greens. Most people have a very small section of green endorsements as a result since teammates usually give purple or orange instead.

PS: Check out my own endorsements… I have an abnormally large allotment of greens. I suspect this is because I have a tendency to congratulate enemies after good plays they make against me.

Aw well I see that would be logical to assume, but teammates can also give you sportsmanship endorsements. I was thinking you somehow had more in-depth stats. It would be nice if blizzard would give us endorsement number trackers, teammate vs enemy, etc., exact numbers of what it takes to lvl up endorsement and decay rates.