Stop ignoring sombra

I can completely understand wanting some of the bugs fixed on Sombra. I’m all for bug fixes. Sadly, she’s at the same state Doomfist is in regarding bugs. They are too busy doing other things to even consider bug fixes most of the time. Especially with the mess of buffs they just dished out to Hanzo (who is currently the only dps anyone wants to play). Reminds me of the D.Va black screen issue…it stayed in the game for nearly a year before they managed to devote time to fix it.

Doomfist has actually had dozens of bug fixes.

Sombra has had…two.

Lol.

Sombra is actually a very good Phara counter and the best Phamercy counter. just hack her and she drops down where everyone can assist her down.

If you get hacked non stop it’s your fault because you have no clue what to do against a Sombra. It is easy to avoid hacks for a lot of heroes. But i asume you are talking about the Genjis and Doomfists who just refuse to switch after they are hard countered.

It takes a lot of skill to hack people in exactly the right moment without getting interrupted to shut down a devastating ult … sorry for not being Brigitte.

Absolutly. But if 90% of the community consider Sombra a troll pick and throw games or tilt something can’t be right.

1 Like

Speak for yourself, I want buffs.

I believe when people were writing about Sombra’s bugs, there were dozens as well. Hack itself has at least two common-not-so-common bugs (LoS lost, empty hack) and still annoying bug with Translocator which occasionally may result in your death while teleporting. Oh, and sometimes Translocator vanishes.

A list of Sombra's Many, Many Bugs (6), Now with more LOS Bugs! - #15 by Xaron-1831 basically all of these.

If she’s this powerful, how come her peak pick rate in her lifetime was >5%? Pretty sure it was 2-3% can’t remember exactly

1 Like

Yeah buff anything other than her hack it’s just too powerful when she hacks everyone without any counterplay

Sombra is really hard to balance she can instantly escape all the time so it’s very hard to punish her

She even has stealth to go anywhere she wants without anyone seeing her

Any wrong Buffs make her hard to play againts

She can counter a lot of heroes, but not on her own, she needs help with that, and usually no one wants to help you :frowning:

2 Likes

It’s not really countering when it’s 2v1.

2 Likes

Okay, well the majority of people want Sombra fixes for now before we proceed with anything else.

And it’s not wrong to want buffs, either, so don’t think this is me saying “lol you’re wrong” - I just know that the majority of Sombra mains want her to have her fixes first and foremost before anything else, and the majority of threads made are complaining about her bugs.

6 Likes

Sombra’s escape ability is honestly kind of overrated. The problem is that unless she puts it very close to the fight, it takes her out of action for a while when she retreats. So if you chase her away, that’s basically a win. People over-obsess about killing Sombra, but really all you need to do is survive the engagement without her killing anyone and it’s a win for your team. Yes, she’s annoying, that’s what she’s designed to be, but if she kills no one, your healer takes a second to restore any small damage she did and you move on. It’s really not a big deal.

It’s much less of a threat than Tracer who, when she teleports, basically stays in the fight as a persistent threat. Sombra teleports without a kill, its basically admitting defeat in the engagement and retreating. She’s giving up the point, she’s out of the fight for a while, it’s a win for your team. I swear some people just obsess too much over kill/death ratio. This isn’t a game about kills, it’s a game about claiming territory. Being able to retreat at will isn’t all that big of an advantage.

8 Likes

I am so angry at “well will see that she lands in a good place”, Blizzard if you dont want her just delet her so we can stop giving a f about her.

Unless suddenly someone from the pros will say “I like Sombra”, she will be forever nowhere.

1 Like

You meant like every other hero in the game?

I don’t see the problem there. That is only possible against a team that isn’t paying attention to their surroundings.

“Rendering game-winning results” depends on whether her team follows up. You are making it seem like she can do it on her own. EMP is the ultimate most dependent on one’s teammates.

What you like does not matter, nor should it. Only whether it is balanced. Your only metric for Sombra being “catastrophic” is your dislike of being hacked, which is a terrible reason. Not surprising though because detractors have nothing else to point to possibly paint Sombra as being over-powered.

I especially find baffling the logic that six seconds of no abilities is in any way worse than 10 seconds of no life (and abilities), plus another 20 seconds just running back to the fight.

Like every other ultimate in the game?

False. She stands at 160, the lowest sustained damage of all the offense heroes by a wide margin, with no abilities she can use in combat to further boost her damage, such as helix rocket or flash bang. She also had zero burst damage potential, a la Doomfist. Her mobility, which should be a trade-off, is conditional and easily countered, so there is no actual trade-off for her low damage output.

You know what other hero can be used well? Every other hero. Every single one. This isn’t unique to Sombra. This is a false argument to make her not seem weak that detractors love to bring up for some reason.

3 Likes

This guy gets it. Making someone unable to fight is the same as killing them. Everyone complains about not being able to kill Sombra and having to waste time tracking her down when simply making her run away accomplishes the same thing.

2 Likes

sombra is not ignored.
She is monitored closely by the dev. to make sure that no one can hack…

1 Like

Lol 31 hours doesn’t make you a “Sombra main.”

I have 90+ hours on Mercy and 60+ on Symmetra, am I not a Symmercy main?
Do I not flex D.Va at around 50 or more hours?

And yet every day in the Sombra threads we see people going “Well, Sombra is so powerful because she can port out after every encounter and heal up. Basically immortal”…

Since Sombra never saw real play in a meta people just never learned how she works and make outrageous claims based on nothing.

3 Likes

Plus, if Sombra needs to teleport out and heal often the time until she returns is very similar to respawn time. At the moment I don’t think there’s a huge amount of difference between killing/chasing away a Sombra in terms of time and therefore damage potential.

3 Likes