Stop complaining about the Sombra buff

She needed a buff. The spread was the best thing they could do for her

Otherwise her hack, EMP, Stealth, Translocator would be looked at.

Don’t sledgehammer her over 10% :roll_eyes: She’s not OP so get over it.

Who is complaining??

People in the forum patch notes

This is all experimental too so Blizzard could remove it. :roll_eyes:

Changing her lethality actually changes the balance of her kit significantly.

And she’d have probably been fine with something like a sugar skull over hacked targets or a low damage threshold on her interrupts.

Sorry did I miss something? Can someone point me to patch notes?

She got her spread decreased by 10% It’s in the experimental section. It doesn’t sound like much but it’s pretty impactful.

1 Like

10% less spread on her gun

So basically a range buff

1 Like

Actually the 10% spread reduction is MASSIVE. So yes i will complain that Tracer needs the same buff. Share the love it’s not sombra’s world.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-retail-patch-notes-%E2%80%93-march-5-2020/467986/2

1 Like

Ah shouldve figured it was an experimental thing. That’s why I couldnt find it :slight_smile:

1 Like

As a tank and sup player, this seems like a nice buff. It’s the way the go about Sombra, she could get buff to any part of her kit but hack and EMP.

1 Like

It was tracers world for the first 2 years the game came out :expressionless:

Tracer caused Brig to be released.

Thing is, most likely, her hack/EMP need to be nerfed to buff any other part of her kit. These abilities are so powerful they hold the rest of her kit back balance wise.

We don’t feel it much BECAUSE she is held back in other areas, but if Sombra was buffed in other areas to become meta she’d be more complained about than Mei, I’d wager.

This is all the Pro’s fault

Her hack time at launch was fine. Yes it took a long time but the trade off was a CC ability that shut down certain characters.

Make her hack time longer but remove the stupid cooldown that she has after getting hit.

The pros wanted her to be useful but complain when Blizzard buffs her :roll_eyes:

Well to be fair her weapons is super high rate of fire, pretty fair dmg and a fast reload. The only thing going against her was the spread and drop off. You can’t give a hero with teleportation and invisibility too much dmg or it becomes impossible to counter her.

If she can easily 1 clip some one from 10+ meters away she becomes a severe problem character.

Edit: Not that I know if she can 1 clip people with ease, I haven’t really tried out the changes nor do I play Sombra enough to know the impact. But in general buffing her dmg while leaving the rest her kit the same is a pretty bad idea. If it becomes too good, she’ll just be a better tracer.

The unlimited invisibility really isn’t necessary, 15-20 seconds is enough.

Tbh it wouldn’t even be a big nerf but if it helps compensate for a range buff then whatever,

I don’t think she will ever replace tracer. Sombra only has decent mobility when invisible, tracer has 3 dashes she can use to engage and an ability that can instantly disengage.

However I do see competition…

10% spread reduction is fine for a hero like Sombra…

1 Like