Stop blaming your DPS for every loss

DPS is the squishiest role in the game. They have the most useless ults. They have the highest death rates. It’s not their responsibility to get every single kill in a match.

The supports and tanks who type “dps diff” in the chat every time their team loses a fight really need to find another game to play or play dps themselves if they think it’s so easy. These bots think all they need to do is queue up and exist and that their dps should get a 5k for them every fight.

Tanks and supports make more impact on the game than dps when they know what they are doing. Your frontline and backline are much more vital to a teams success or failure than dps. A good tank prevents you from getting rolled over and can turn an entire game around with 1 fat ult. Supports can shut down the enemy team ults with trans, cleanse, sleep, beat.

It’s not the dps fault that some of you are bad at your roles.

7 Likes

yes, instead blame Widowmaker and demand nerf

4 Likes

I think that is description of most ults in general.

10 Likes

Tanks are impactful yes but if there’s an unchallenged widow or pocketed sojourn one shotting half the team there’s nothing you can do on support and very few things you can do on tank besides just hoping your dps can deal with it.

If they just have a cracked dps that’s just way better that’s a matchmaking diff… But like… Yeah there’s not a lot the other two roles can do about it otherwise

3 Likes

The best counters for Widow are dive tanks. And if a pocketed Sojourn is an issue then you should swap to Mercy and pick a DPS to hard pocket.

1 Like

And it’t not your tank/support’s fault if you keep feeding and don’t get kills. It sounds like you’re blaming tanks and supports for you playing poorly.

No matter what role I’m on, it’s always my fault. There’s always more I could do, and I can only control my own gameplay.

6 Likes

Ball is bad, doom is hard to play, and Winston can’t do jack on junkertown to the widow 10 million miles away.

If you pocket your sojourn and they do less than the enemy sojourn then yes that’s a dps diff. Like I said there’s not a lot a support can do besides basically sitting afk and hoping their dps pop off

Of course dps is hard. But that doesn’t mean getting diffed on dps doesn’t exist. Not that I encourage people to say diff all the time.

This post is probably because of the dps i had on kings row earlier

1 Like

It’d be nice if people could stop playing the blame game altogether, whether it’s blaming the tank, DPS, support, or the entire team. I won’t hold my breath though.

3 Likes

The best counter for widow is a better widow

1 Like

At least in competitive it’s basically meaningless to get mad at teammates. Just as often as I get steam rolled, I get games where my team steamrolls. Getting upset about it is worthless. I guess quick play isn’t much different.

2 Likes

Found the reddit Lucio who spends the whole match thinking he’s playing Tony Hawk on PS2.

2 Likes

I agree that players should not resort to blaming others for their losses but I greatly disagree with the notion that dps have the most useless ults in the game.
Ults like death blossom tac visor Meis freeze ult and many more have the potential to turn a match when used correctly.
Useless is a poor way to describe many of the dps ults in this game.
Again I agree with the fact that players should reflect on themself rather than blaming others.

4 Likes

DPS is the usual carry role in the game. They have the most powerfull ults when not wasted in a useless 1vs5 without surprise effect. They have the lowest death rates with good positioning. It’s their responsibility to get kills in a match when the tank have created space and the supports countered the flanker.

You have only one job so try to do it good.

1 Like

Spoken like a true metal rank.

2 Likes

Attempting to belittle others does not make your speech more true, for it to be more true you must use good reasoning, not try to make others look like idiots.

2 Likes

This is entirely dependant on your team comp vs the enemy team comp. Soldiers ult is absolutely useless if you have a Moira and Zen and the enemy team has a Dva.

However if you team has an Ana and a Kiriko and the enemy team has a ball or Hog your ult is probably one of the single strongest team fight winning conditions in that match.

I wilk because its dps fault we dont have a second tank

2 Likes

I feel that every class can have their share of elims though. Tanks and support have a decent amount of tools that can work for a team fight not only in healing or protection but also damage.
Support can do a fare share of damage if they find the right moments to work it in.
Dps may be a role that can do the most in terms of damage and elims but they should not be burdened with the full responsibility of adding to the team damage and elims.
I personally don’t find myself getting mad at others.
There are times when I watch a replay of my support play and I find so many things I could have done that would have won the game.
I don’t personally go after a single role in my games because I know it is more complicated than that. So Instead of blaming others I look at what I need to do and then I work on doing that more consistently and I found more success doing this.
I also know from personal experience that calling others by role or name won’t make them play better and will only make them play worse.

3 Likes

Found the mid ranked DPS who can’t climb and attempts to troll on forums instead of actually improving

1 Like