Stop blaming the game for the reasons you cant climb

I dont know where do you get that its a “popular” idea mate. I said its a fact because the team’s average win ratio was said by a developer
But hey, you do you. You clearly know more than anyone:

Now read a bit besides throwing fallacies nobody was using :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That just means you’re not good enough to furtherly climb, and that’s okay, take sometime and learn to get better. You can’t expect to climb out of for example, diamond, without playing better ON AVERAGE than a diamond player.

2 Likes

I don’t have the exact quote, but it’s been stated before that win rate is not used when it comes to matchmaking.

1 Like

Yeah you are going to have to put the source here pal.

Oh, I have read that post before - including when it was first posted.

It says absolutely nothing about individual win rate, and that’s why you’re confused. A calculated chance to win for a team has nothing at all to do with individual win rate.

4 Likes

Why should he, when you yourself have nothing to prove yourself.

1 Like

Oh so you think that a full team of solo queuers with lets say 3000 SR all of them with 35% individual win rate is balanced against another team of full solo queuers of 3000 SR with 65% individual win rate?

Ok. I think the MMR system does track that. Agree to disagree.

Yes, I do - because they’re all the same SR. If one side isn’t actually diamond then they’ll fall, and rightly so.

I don’t understand, do you think that SR is completely meaningless, that a Bronze player is equal in skill to a GM?

Why are you ignoring the fact that I just pointed out how your basic premise is incorrect - that post says nothing about matching teams based on individual win rate as you claimed?

2 Likes

I’ll take the effort for a source when your source says what you claim. Your source mentions predicted win rate of the outcome of a match, not the individual winrate of a player.

2 Likes

Literally impossible.

You’re lack of reading skills is uncomprehensible.

Wait, I’m sorry, is that word to big for you. Let me reiterate. Oof, sorry, reword

Your lack of reading skills is unbelievable.

You just made that up mate, never said that, never will.
Its quite a funny thing though, that before the private profiles existed and you could see all your team mates WR , the averages were an exact match, but hey I could be wrong too.

Hey take a chill pill ok. I understood everything, but i also think that the individual WR does count for something.

Your lack of manners is also unbelievable. See? we can all do that.
Now continue all you want.

That wasn’t a quote, “mate,” it was a question. I was asking you if that’s what you believe, not quoting you. Let me ask another - What do you really believe is more likely:

1. The matchmaking system is rigged to keep you down.
  2. You have more trouble winning when you face better opponents.
2 Likes

If you took time to actually read what the dev posts you linked you’d see just how wrong you are.

By way do that when you can just take it at face value.

2 Likes

This is so incorrect. Win rate has no effect on mmr. The reason people on hot streaks get harder games is that they win and have good stats so their mmr uncertainty top bound moves up. The game then confirms whether they belong higher by putting them in games rating them at that higher number.

1 Like

You mean when you win more often they make you play against better players? OMG that’s so rigged! I should be able to keep playing against the same scrubs and just be able to stomp them! /s

3 Likes

I never found that. When I was climbing an old account and had a high win rate it made no difference.

This doesn’t really happen. It is definitely not fact. It’s far more likely that when you get close to your career high you’re performing at your peak. It’s really hard to keep that level of performance. The system doesn’t give you bad team mates in that situation, you just go back to how you usually play and that’s not quite good enough.

2 Likes

I’m not exactly sure what you mean here. I know the devs said they try to form two teams with equal win probability. That does not mean they put scrubs with you just because you’re doing well. They just try to get 12 players with as close as possible MMR. Unless you’re right at the bottom or top of the ladder the spread of SR in a team of solo-queues is really tight. For me, in plat, it’s usually +/- 50 from the team average. SR follows MMR pretty closely so it’s a fairly safe bet that everyone’s MMR is really similar, too.

Groups make the range a lot wider but that’s another story.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s really a thing or just a symptom of the inconsistent nature of the system, but I have definitely experienced what feels distinctly like being placed with awful teammates after a long win-streak. It’s not starting to lose games because you aren’t quite good enough after rising in rank, it’s being teamed up with 5 players who get completely dominated by the other team, over and over and over. Not that you aren’t as good as the 11 other players, but your 5 teammates are clearly not as good as your opponents.

As annoying as it is to see low ranked players blame the system for being unable to climb, it’s far more insufferable when higher ranked players act like the system is perfect and places everyone where they belong. As if every game is equal except for your performance. That’s silly. People don’t get frustrated with the system because they’re doing poorly and dragging their teams down. They get frustrated because they get put teams that seem doomed to fail before they even enter the equation.

A matchmaking system will NEVER be perfect, because humans aren’t, people have bad days and good days, it tries it’s best to get the average of everyone though (SR), even though that is quite contorted when low skill heroes come out, people are more obsessed with gaining SR, than actually improving consistently.

They get frustrated because of entitlement where they think their team is holding them back and it’s their fault.

Games will fluctuate sure, but if you are on average better than your opponents, then you’ll climb. If you aren’t better on average than the enemy team, then you’re right where you are cause that’s what you deserve.