Stop acting like nanoblade has no counters

To two former main tank OWL players. It is much bigger difference going from Reinhardt and Tracer to Tracer and Winston (respectively) than Pharah to Genji. She cant even get to low masters either, which is much below her average elo. There are my other examples of Somjuu and Silvoc, too both are fairly average gm players, with Silvoc sometimes breaking t500 one tricking Torb. Or my example of Jhong played main tank, as a healer main, in friggin OWL, not even ladder. My point is that gm players have shown time and time again that they can pick up heroes they dont play and take them to their at least slightly below their normal elo, if not their elo, so if Fareeha cant do it with Genji, who is top meta right now, it may just mean that he isnt as easy of a character as forum users would suggest.

Nano blade is fine. He just got too many buffs. Keep cancelable deflect, revert damage and spread reduction buffs. He was fine before - lots of actually good Genji players make it to Masters and above before the buffs (I know one personally). He didnā€™t need any buffs - but cancelable deflect is a nice QOL.

I think Genji only needs an ult charge nerf and revert the cancel of deflect buff. Thatā€™s all.

That is exactly how english works.

If he didnā€™t want to group up all ā€˜support mainsā€™ he would have used ā€˜some support mainsā€™ or at least ā€˜a lot of support mainsā€™.

But he didnā€™t.

The implication is there, and his poorly worded choice of words shows it.

1 Like

If you wont listen to me, listen to this guy, they explain exactly whatā€™s happening with the wording. You can read the whole post too, in fact i encourage it.

Fair enough point but after they trade 1 ult and a support for two ultimates, they still will have the superior ult economy for the rest of the teamfight, and even one extra dps or tank ult can turn a numbers disadvantage into an easy win. Especially since nanoblade is usually the other teamā€™s win condition for the fight.

Ive been waiting for someone to say this on the forums for so long. We need a damage reduction support ult. Something like Hogs gas in 1-3-2.

Literally defeated your entire post in the first three words.

Have you tried to land a junkrat tire on anything lately? The thing is so slow and loud mine gets shot out half the time unless I manage to whip it around a corner and use physical cover in game to block itā€™s LOS until activated. The average Hanzo or Ashe can pretty easily hit them these days, and my games are like, not stellar level players. The tire is really useless.

1 Like

If I, a person with almost no time on genji, am getting six kills from him with nanoblade before his buff which lowered his skill floor than yes, he takes no skill.

He barely has to aim. Gets dash on kills, deflect and cancel, ha! He is practically Moira levels.

Your argument was that an ult combo that took three players working in sync was some how easier than one that took two players where the other could prebuff. Thatā€™s laughable, it didnā€™t deserve the merit of addressing because overwatch is a team game, and greater team skill is already apparent by needing the third player, never mind that all three must time their use correctly, and none of the three must fall victim to any counters.

You can be mad about it, but people are just pointing out the truth to you. Welcome to the way Moira and Brig mains feel when people talk about how low skill they are, the real difference here is that Genji gets to be low skill AND super impactful AND Get buffs for it now.

Genji is a hyper mobile super forgiving flanker with an ult several times better than most in the game that can be further enhanced by nano. Heā€™d only be more forgiving and broken if he had a 250 hit point shield that did five damage and some purple fingernails.

This. Not to mention Tran is the only real counter to blade, and it canā€™t even out heal Nanoblade. And now Genji is getting 2 ults to 1 trans. smh

ā€¦or maybe Genji just doesnā€™t fit her playstyle and she not adapting as quick as others.

Pointing at a single streamer pausing while climbing and being like ā€œSee! Heā€™s super difficult to get value from and play!ā€ is insane.

Dude today I managed to pin a Nanoed Genji into a wall while I was using Reinā€¦ he survived, I watched the replay to check if he had Zarya bubble and he didnā€™t.

Plenty of counters , sure. Can we finally face reality?

Ah yes, because some random person on the forums got a 6k in who knows what elo, Genji is automatically an easy character to play.

Barely has to aim, :joy: im not even going to give you merit on that argument. Dash on kills has always been a part of his kit and is in no way forgiving, because it makes it so that if you miss or screw up or get cced out of a dive on the enemy backline, you dont have a way to get out, as you have to get a kill to escape, which is the opposite of forgiving. Deflect lasts 2 seconds and he cant do anything in it and if he chooses to end it early he is open again to whatever caused him to flash it in the first place. And nobody above silver is going to actually shoot that thing either, as it has a loud audio queue.

Grav dragon was the easiest teamwipe combo to execute in the history of the game. The only counters to it were

1. Kill Zarya 4head(through bubble of course) and even if you did, all she needed to do was get the grav off before she died, which was VERY easy to do
  2. Kill Hanzo(who isnt anywhere near the teamfight)
  3. Kill Mercy(who is with Hanzo sitting arund a building)
  4. Eat grav with Dva(but nobody ran Dva because they needed Rein Zarya)

There are a total of 3 button presses to teamwipe during grav dragon. In nanoblade, sure the Ana has to just nano Genji and walk away, but that Genji has to avoid every cc on the enemy team, solo ults, and actually get value out of the blade and not just dash into a fading Moira and miss dash reset.

Lmao you are the only person on this forum who actually thinks Genji is as low skill as Moira or that GRAV DRAGON took more skill than nanoblade. Sure other people are mad about OP he is right now, but they arent joking themselves into thinking that he is a low skill hero because of the buffs. Everyone is complaining about the frequency of nanoblade, not that it is easy to do. And I dont think anybody here is denying that Moira and Brig arent low skill heroes, there is a reason that people choose those heroes to onetrick to gm. If you thought Genji was super impactful before the buffs, you either have never played him, watched him, or are literally a bronze. Even Genji onetricks with insane aim and great gamesense were barely keeping above a 50% wr in higher ranks, not to mention he was trash at every other rank because he is naturally a hard character to play. Sure, after the buffs he got impactful and OP, but before the buffs even OWL Genjis didnt play him on ladder because of how bad he was.

Dry blade is garbage and being hyper mobile=/=super forgiving. Nanoblade is pretty much required to have a succeeding blade. Dry blade has such a drastically higher time to kill than nanoblade that the target has time to use a movement ability or boop and ggs for the blade, not to mention it has no damage reduction, so kill Genji 4head is actually an option as he is stuck killing one player on the team for a prolonged amount of time, especially if he gets booped or stunned. Yes he would be more forgiving and broken if he had a shield, stun cc, and autolock aim, dont even put Moira and Brigs skill requirements on the same level as Genjis.

No no, not because I did it.

Itā€™s because he is. Heā€™s a trivially forgiving, hyper mobile, over buffed character. The fact the devs lowered his skill ceiling make it just that much more obvious to the rest of the player base since his recent buffs.

You not thinking he isnā€™t easy doesnā€™t make it true.

Oh the irony, you are so close yet still so far. Its not only me who doesnt think he is an easy character. Literally no one actually believes he is an easy character to play, at most they think he is of average difficulty, but i havent heard a single person over gold who actually believes Genji is easy to play. At worst he is mid-hard to play and overpowered, but saying that he is easy is ignorant. Your only argument as to why he is easy to play is ā€œhe is mobileā€(which doesnt=easy) and ā€œdeflectā€(an easily baitable ability.

yea? thats exacly what im saying lol whats ur point?

O, my argument is that he doesnā€™t take nearly as much skill as people claim and the recent buffs lowered his skill ceiling drastically.

The forums and his sudden uptick in pick rate reflect this. He is broken, and he is getting insane value in comparison to other characters for the effort.

Your best argument so far was that he totally isnā€™t easy, and frankly you have done jack to prove that. What about Genji is hard?

Game sense? Even brig needs that?

Follow up? Widow has a harder time on follow up kills due to her delay being longer.

Over extending? Hyper mobility.

Damage? Can deflect.

Baiting?

Can cancel deflect.

He is so grossly over tuned now and trivial to play and salty Genji mains are just upset that he is being called out on it.

Why would anyone waste a Grav that takes considerably longer to charge to try to aim for a hyper-mobile small hero who could potentially deflect said ultimate back at you if he anticipates it. Better to save if for after he ulted to potentially get combo-kills of your own.

And anyone who says ā€œjust sleep himā€:

I donā€™t even blame people, itā€™s a very natural reaction to panic when you hear this combo. Also, notice how the Rein tried to Shatter him but missed? As if itā€™s not that easy after allā€¦

On the same level Genji does? No. Genji needs much more cooldown tracking target priority and needs to catch people out of position because he isnt going to kill through a pocket of any kind. In his ult, too he needs insane outplays to avoid all the cc in the game and solo ults.

Im not entirely sure by what you mean by follow up.

Like what? The dash he already used to get into the backline? Wall climb that puts you in a linear movement till you get to the top? Double jump that players by now can track easily?

You realize if deflect is cancelled, it goes on cooldown right? If he uses the full two seconds of deflect, that is two full seconds of the support or squishy getting peels from their teammates. And deflect doesnt nullify cc either. A Genji that is just jumping around in the backline deflecting damage and half engaging then running away isnt doing jacksquat, sure he is more survivable now, but that doesnt mean his skill ceiling is lowered, it just means that low elo Genji players wont int as hard, but by no means are they doing anything for the team when they arent assassinating squishies, which still takes good gamesense, mechanics, knowledge and execution of Genji combos, and the hope that they dont receive an ounce of healing or have a cc, because if they do, you arent going to get that dash reset and will have to deflect and run away, without gaining any value.