[Still missing career profile hours Console]

Hello there,again. (tldr at bottom)

The day Overwatch 2 dropped, my profile lost OVER 1000 HOURS total played time. I was forced to “merge accounts” with my PC account. I only had like 1 hour on my PC account, I tried it one day and didn’t like how it ran on my weak system. Now me, a console player, is being punished for trying Overwatch on my PC.

Myself and many others have yet to have this fixed. The initial thread said “this may take several weeks to fix”, posted I believe October 21st. They HAVE NOT MENTIONED this BIG problem since then.

I had 2700 hours total played time at the end of Overwatch 1. At the start of Overwatch 2, my profile dropped to 1700 hours total played time. It looks as if each of my character’s total hours have been deleted evenly by a certain percentage like 60%.

Why has this not been fixed yet? Am I supposed to forget about it? I LOVED looking at my stats, say what you want but I’m proud of my hours and kept an open profile. I loved making hours-played goals for all my characters. Like “reach at least 40 hours played for each character” etc. I would scroll to the bottom of the list to see which characters had the lowest hours and work on them. I also enjoyed making goals to reach 100 hours on my most played heros.

This goes alongside the joy I had leveling up, and reaching the next border until finally capping at 5 stars diamond border. I seriously was hoping Overwatch 2 was going to add new played time borders. I understand why they were removed.(apparently people being ridiculed and judged based on played time…???) They could have at least added new borders and if people didn’t want that shown, could just disable it alongside the stats when setting your profile to private. You can imagine my sadness when they were removed entirely. I love prestige systems that you can show off. It’s one of my favorite things certain games sometimes have.

TL;DR: Stats of console players that merged with PC have lost MANY hours on their accounts and it STILL hasn’t been fixed.

Please give us an update.

5 Likes

I had 2k hours end of ow1 and now down to 1.4k…

4 Likes

Yeah it’s upsetting. I wish I could see the correct hours I have on each hero but they’re wrong by 100s of hours :frowning:

2 Likes

Similar issue. When I play on console, all my stuff is there, stats updating and all. If I play on my main platform (PC) none of my stats update or count on my account. Completely stuck on the same numbers since release.

2 Likes

Same issue here! I just assumed it’d get dealt with like all the other launch issues but now it’s February and I’m sick of seeing characters I haven’t used in 2 years still in my most played lol. I thought maybe I’d have to submit a formal ticket but there doesn’t seem to be a way to send one for console issues :upside_down_face: so is complaining here the only way to get anything done?

4 Likes

A link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Competitive Career Statistics Page.

3 Likes

I’ve resorted to that for sure. I post weekly about this because I don’t know where else. I don’t want it to be swept under the rug, because this is 6 years worth of my progress just wiped in a second.

2 Likes

Agreed, there are fewer things worse than having the evidence of all your efforts be lost and not even having an acknowledgement that your issue exists at all. I speak from experience, which you can read about in the thread I linked above, and while a single Top 500 spray and pair of icons isn’t nearly the same as an entire account, I know how frustrating it feels. Nothing left to do but to keep pestering the Devs on the forums and hoping they fix our issues.

3 Likes

Thanks! Happy to not be alone in some of these frustrations.

2 Likes

I would be happier if no one had to deal with any of these frustrations but that is evidently not happening any time soon. Only through being vocal about these issues will they be fixed, so any help in spreading the word about my thread and any posts about the issues listed in them would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes