From gold to GM, Symmetra one trick

I watch his stream daily and am watching it right now. You’re wrong. He played every character except Sym in quick play and did placements with Mercy. He tried to win every game. If you’re healing terrible players, you still lose. He placed 2000 and got to 4000 in two days with Sym only.

5 Likes

I am so glad someone finally said this <3

1 Like

No he’s not. He was trying to throw. Period. Steevo could easily only use Mercy’s pistol and carry games to high diamond or above.

[edit] this is not something to be celebrated, encouraged or used as proof of Sym’s viability. This is throwing and smurfing of the highest order, for no other reason then his ego and the “LOLs” and should be reported and punished as such.

6 Likes

what is surprising about this? a top 500 player being able to climb to top 500 is surprising or something?

6 Likes

Destroying Bronze-plat players is meh.
But at least he one tricked Symmetra.

People complaining about him being a one trick when he rank up with the best win rate are all weirdos.

Why should you flex when you’re the best Symmetra players in the world ?

2 Likes

Symmetra used to be a support, which he played during that time period. No way he should have placed gold on Mercy.

The guy purposefully did bad. He claims it was to teach but that’s just self-defensive nonsense to make his actions seemed justified when they are not.

This type of thing shouldn’t happen.

2 Likes

One of the top Mercy players has a DPS account in plat, so since the forums always say how much skill it takes to play Mercy, I don’t see why a DPS player being in gold on Mercy is impossible.

2 Likes

Whether you lose or not doesn’t matter that much in placements. Your first placements are heavily weighted by your individual performance on the role you are playing. There’s no way, not even the smallest change, that a Top 45 peak player only plays Mercy at a 2000 SR level. It’s impossible.

2 Likes

Because DPS is a much harder role than playing Mercy. I know a lot of GM Mercy players who have amazing map awareness and gamesense, but literally can’t aim, which is why they play Mercy. It doesn’t work in the reverse.

If you’re in GM playing DPS, it’s because you have mechanical skill, plus game awareness and map sense. You can be in GM playing mercy without the mechnical skill, but excelling in the other areas. Trust me, I see these Mercy players all the time in GM. Great support players, not great DPS players.

So what you are saying is he masked his true MMR potential (played every character) then did placements with a healer with no mechanical demands to further hide from the MMR system (Mercy) all so he would place as average as possible, and then abused that low rank with his Main?

Got it. I always knew the guy was toxic AF, and this just proves it again.

FYI, I took a new account, tried as hard as I could, and went from a Support Main account that peaked around 3600, to place at 2800 or so playing as a McCree one trick.

Stevo manipulated his MMR to clown the SR system and should be banned for life because he’s done it MULTIPLE times.

2 Likes

Naming and shaming is against code of conduct. Playing a different hero than what you usually do isn’t.

Sure. And if it was one that hadn’t done something like that before, or had shot their mouth off about easy Mercy was only to have to eat crow after sincerely trying to rank up with her, failing, and swapping to their main out of tilt? I’d believe it. But then they should have kept playing Mercy. Actually I’m pretty sure this did happen to a dps streamer, forget which one…

Playing a hero you’re that bad at purely so you can stomp people on your main to do this type of challenge video is clearly different. And isn’t any better than just throwing on the main from jump.

1 Like

Let’s just put this into perspective for everyone defending his actions.

Next time you’re in a game against a Genji, Doom, Widow smurf who’s absolutely decimating you all game, make sure you use that same argument that bUt tHeY pLayED mErCy tO PlAcE hEre sO itS oKaY

10 Likes

Whenever I find out a streamer or content creator I watch has done this I immediately stop supporting them. It disappoints me greatly when I see this happen as it only contributes to unbalanced matchmaking and ruins the gameplay experience for both the opponents and the teammates in a rank the de-ranked person doesn’t belong in.

1 Like

How exactly did he ruin the game experience for hundreds of players?

I’m not typing it out again. Read my other posts. You be on the opposing team when you have a top45 peak Symm ruining the game for you.

And for the record this isn’t me being salty about smurfs, I’ve peaked 4460 and play against these people all the time. Doesn’t affect me, but I can at least see how it sucks for lower ranked players.

7 Likes

But I keep seeing on the forums that aiming isn’t that hard of a skill. :thinking:

Cries about throwing
Encourages Battle Mercy

Yeah, we’re done here.

3 Likes

I don’t care what you’re seeing on the forums - that doesn’t add anything to the argument that someone manipulated his SR so that he can then swap to a hero he plays at a top 45 peak level to stomp players from gold to GM

This right here is the truth. And it was done to stream it and profit from it.

3 Likes