From gold to GM, Symmetra one trick

What do you think of this? For me, It proves the skill of Symmetry.
Edit/ Point you keep bringing: He didn’t throw any game, he just played mercy thro his placement.

4 Likes

It proves the skill of the player. He is no doubt a great player. But it also proves he’s willing to ruin the gameplay experience for hundreds of players along the way - which is a huge shame.

90 Likes

He didn’t throw any game, and he ranked up so fast :thinking:

4 Likes

I think he needs to find a new hobby that doesn’t involve stroking his ego by stomping people way below his skill level.

61 Likes

He did it again? He was already a Top 500 player. If he did it AGAIN, he manipulated his Match Making Rank, and threw in placements, to again be placed Bronze.

He should have been hardware/ip banned a LONG time ago.

43 Likes

He did it to “show you guys how I would play Symmetra in these ranks, hope you learn something”

5 Likes

He did it, to stroke his ego, which always been a thing with this guy, at the cost of other people who rightfully belong at those ranks.

39 Likes

You’re missing the point. How did he get to gold? I’m a 4200+ SR player myself, so I understand the skill gap between Gold and mid GM. He either intentionally lost games to be placed gold, OR he intentionally fed every game up until level 25 so that his internal MMR was incredibly low come placement time.

There’s no way a mid GM player would ever place in Gold, under any circumstance, other than they intentionally lost innumerable games prior to that.

And when we discuss gameplay experience, yeah I’d say being in gold and having a GM on the enemy team is going to ruin your gameplay experience.

38 Likes

He’s top 45 I think.
It was in a new account, he didn’t throw his placement games. He played Mercy.

@

2 Likes

GOLD TO TO GM RUNS PROVE NOTHING IN MATTER OF FACT THE PROVE THE OPPOSITE OF MOST ARGUMENTS

top500 players playing gold “flexing” or playing their main SHOULD BE INSTANTLY BANNED. they are obviously manipulating the ranked system to make stupid series where they get alot of view of them literally beating people hard stuck there

32 Likes

In the past Stevo has had multiple accounts where he either threw, abandoned and then returned after several seasons, or sandbagged with friends well below his actual SR playing Mercy for the sake of doing his Symmetra onetrick Bronze/Silver/Gold to GM.

10 Likes

Manipulated his MMR/SR, to place below his proper rank.

Period.

17 Likes

Someone with GM level awareness on Mercy will NOT place in Gold unless they are explicitly not trying to win

17 Likes

It’s amazing that he did it! Really does show the skill that the guy has built up over time!

to also mention the guy mentioned in topic, is not the only one who started doing this. other streamers did and we support them for some odd reasons. THEY THROW TO PLACE LOW AND BEAT PEOPLE WHO ARE STUCK IN THAT RANK TO SHOW OFF NO MATTER HOW YOU PUT IT.

WE AS A COMMUNITY SHOULD NOT SUPPORT THIS BEHAVIOUR

18 Likes

It proves that a top 500 player can pretty much sleepwalk back to at least Masters.

I’m hugely disappointed in anyone that does a “X to GM/t500” streams, especially when they use their main or even main class. It proves nothing besides “LOL look at how bad these players are!!!” and contributes to the smurfing issue.

I honestly hope he gets suspended for it, as there is NO WAY he got placed in gold without throwing.

28 Likes

This is probably the most naive statement I’ve read on the forums, and that’s saying something.

22 Likes

GM player makes it to GM. Neat.

The “Bad rank to Good rank” challenges are dumb in OW, Siege, LoL, and any other similarly ranked game. It only proves how much time you’re willing to spend on a new account and is rarely a “challenge”.

4 Likes

Exactly this. Someone who has peaked top 45 will never, ever place Gold (playing any hero, unless they were throwing.

8 Likes

Eh, Sym is a goddess in certain match types. It’s up to the players on the team to put their crappy bias aside long enough to work with the Sym.

Teleporting an entire team 25m in any direction is extremely powerful. Even if it takes 3 seconds to setup. That’s still faster and safer than traveling the 25m by foot/behind a shield. It also opens up the enemy to be vulnerable. The Teleporter appears and takes 2 seconds to fully setup. So they have to be ready within 2 seconds, despite being setup for entirely different expectations. If 6 people pop through that Teleporter as intended, that leaves Sym free to scatter a few turrets amidst the chaos and charge up her gun while she uses her team as meatshields.

Symmetra is still a Support at heart. Meaning she’s only as good as her team is good/cooperative. So people need to have faith in her and she needs to know what she’s doing. If people go “REEEEE SYM???” the moment she is picked, then perception is their weakness and they are the reason things might fail; not Sym’s fault.

TL;DR Sym’s base kit is usually meh. Her Teleporter is dummy powerful. A good team will wait for her Teleporter to approach. A good team will take advantage of the enemy team’s improper defense vs the approach. A good team will allow Sym to do her job and make things easier for her team by eliminating Chokepoint dancing.

PS: don’t stupidly dance around chokepoints when you have a Symmetra while on Attack. There’s no point to be that far up unless Sym needs you to be (like on Hanamura if teleing top left doesn’t work). That’s dumb. So dumb. Wait for Sym’s Teleporter. Seriously.

2 Likes