Steve-O Says He's Tired of Symmetra Mains Complaining About Her Primary Fire. It's Better Than Ever!

The M1 change was a step in the right direction, but it’s still too weak to be considered good, in my opinion. I have a lot more success with just using her orbs in close range compared to tracking someone with a beam, but maybe that’s because I prefer flicking over tracking. Either way, unless you’ve built up the beam, it doesn’t seem worth it to even try to attack someone and track them for two whole seconds just to gain damage worth a damn.

It needs a little something.

symmetra was always a dps with support ults pretty much

Yep and her dps had the same glaring problem it does now at the first level her beam was useless at the 2nd it was good at the 3rd you deleted everything infront of you, it has the exact same effect now and that is a problem

He’s being contrary just to get clicks. This is normal in the world of streamers.

1 Like

Not going to be that guy that goes “rEeeEe hiS oPinIoN dOesnT mAttEr”, but you can’t silence people just because a) they have a different opinion, & b) you’re a higher rank. You’re free to disagree with them, but you can’t make people stop talking about it.

shoot the ground next to brigette

i have to say this symm is mostly perfect but i think she could do with 3 slight buffs to increase her solo survivability

15 meter beam

50 extra health (shield health)

should be able to destroy your teleporter by pressing the teleporter button again

oh wait! one more thing hoshizawa said this in one of his videoes. there is almost no reason to fire uncharged orbs. he sugested that the orbs should move faster the lower the charge. i super agree.

“It’s not about people’s opinions. It’s about credibility”

I wasn’t aware that Steve-O is able to perform in 4400SR AND was also a professional educated game developer for Blizzard wow!

2 Likes

I think I might be out of the loop here… this isn’t Jackass Steve-O we’re talking about, right?

1 Like

Higher minimum damage too, don’t forget. (95 vs 60) <-This is absolutely ludicrous to me.

You don’t say?!

Well he should be getting a call from the President any moment now.

no1 complains about mei and her short range primary

I’ll trust you on that mate, I do not follow streams instensely, no matter the game, I can be watching streamers, occasionaly and on some games I really find interesting to see being played by other people(so mostly story or captivating games).

I meant at least here I guess, he said that and probably said the same towards Blizz. Least I guess.

Nope, they mean ‘Steve-ooo’

Different person.

Steve-O:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1405/0536/products/steveofirecrackershirt1000px_large.jpg?v=1536737616
Steve-ooo or just_stevo:

If Symmetra’s primary beam put a lasting slowing effect on a person that stopped them in place so that they could land a right click, I doubt you’d hear complaints from Symmetra players either :smiley:

2 Likes

even with this spliti have carried a few wins. im just a platinum that sometimes dips back into gold especially when im with my freinds but boy do i sometimes turn a game around when i take symm when i wasnt even going to play her.

her kit is mostly fine i think minor buffs are all she needs.

slight beam range slight extra health and a couple others would drastically increase survivability

but her starting damage is fine (actually, i think the damage rame up reward should be 200 dps instead of 180.

Absolutely. They should call him up to OWL soon.

1 Like

Time to address this and I will be very blunt about it.

When I made the KarQ video this was before the range increase from 10 to 12m which was a massive buff giving her the ability to charge off tanks/shields from a very safe distance.

Symmetras M1 is amazing. If you’re not doing damage with it you’re using it wrong or you have bad aim. You’re not meant to charge it up off of small heroes, you are supposed to charge it off tanks and shields. Once fully charge you can kill everything very quickly. Its almost ridiculous how much damage stage 3 outputs and everytime I see that they should reduce the amount of time it takes to hit stage 3 I die a little inside. People also seem to forget that yeah the old beam took 2 seconds to get to stage 3 but it also went away in 2 seconds. With 4 seconds minimum of 120+ dps you will ALWAYS do more damage than the old beam.

Throw turrets around small targets to slow them down if you have a hard time aiming but even people with the worst aim can have 100% accuracy vs shields, and close to that on tanks. The damage output of 3.0 vs 2.0 isn’t even in the same ballpark and thats not even factoring in the saftey you have over the old beam or you know UNLIMITED AMMO AGAINST SHIELDS (this includes zarya bubble)…people seem to forget the old beam used up ammo against shields…

And anyone who wishes for the old beam back has no clue what their talking about. You can’t have Symmetra in her current state with the old autolock on 120 dps beam because of how good teleporter is. I couldn’t even imagine how obnoxious flanking with the teleporter and autolocking on squishies would be.

If you don’t like to aim or can’t aim and have no intention on practicing it then find another game or another hero to play. You balance from the top down, not the bottom up otherwise you have a game that isn’t competitive.

7 Likes

tbh I think 12m on her beam is pretty fair since it actually gains ammo on shields. She shouldn’t be waving a 180dps death beam around anyway. But the tick rate on the beam is abysmal, which in turn makes it super weak vs armor/def abilities… Unless that’s the point? I could see that being fair so she doesn’t melt everyone with 1,800 damage over 10 seconds. But a tick rate of 0.05 is pretty insane and requires above-Tracer-levels of tracking to pour all the DPS into a target. I could see .075 seconds at the worst, but not .05 seconds.

Her Sentries and Teleporter need to deploy faster. 1 second to activate for Sentries and a 2 seconds for the Teleporter (not counting the cast times) is absolutely atrocious for a game that’s so incredibly fast paced. At least buff their deployment by 40% for Sentries and 25% for Teleporters.

Sentries could use a 12m range buff to match her MB1 beam. And also to allow more places for her to hide the Sentries. She’s a zoning character. Make it so her zoning is useful in other places that aren’t directly near a doorway ffs.

Alt Fire certainly needs a speed increase, perhaps 24mps to 28mps. Nothing too drastic. The charge rate is fine considering the size of each projectile. She fires off an orb every 1.1 seconds. We want them faster, but not too fast. Because ironically their “slowness” is what makes people accidentally sidestep into them lmao.

Ammo could be increased to 80 so she can shoot 8 charged shots (scarier zoning, keep in mind their AoEs basically disappear if they hit a target). Primary fire would still consume 10% ammo per second. This way her 1.8 second charge is kinda justified.

50 more shields would be cool too. But what they could do is give her a passive that makes her shields act like armor. It could be called something cute like Protective Light. Lower her shields to 75, increase hp to 125. That would increase her bulk vs chip damage, but not enough to make her unbearable. She still dies to burst damage as easily.

3 Likes

Sorry, this only applies to some heroes.