Steve-O Says He's Tired of Symmetra Mains Complaining About Her Primary Fire. It's Better Than Ever!

There’s really not much he can do with 4 people in his face putting all kinds of pressure on his shield. If he drops shield at that elo, he’s dead in 1 second.

I find it quite terrible that just because he’s managed to work he assumes everyone else can too and is telling them their opinions don’t matter.

That’s like comparing the most talented engineer at google to anyone else when it comes to super specific algorithms. Just because they can make it work doesn’t mean 99.999999% of others can.

they should just revert her primary to 2.0 and leave the rest of her kit 3.0 and she would be a very solid dps pick

1 Like

God hell no. Please no more auto lock weapons.

1 Like

lol anyone who says 2.0 would win a match against 3.0 is delusional
orb was only good if there was no healer to pocket the rein, it was so slow to charge, and so slow overall anyone but rein/orisa was able to dodge it and even then just 2 healers was enough to completely nullify the damage.

imo the only thing that ticks me off about sym is like i said, the 60dps on the first 2 seconds, (it would be neat if it could be changed to 75,80 or even 90) and well, shes the squishiest dps of the entire game. tp could use less deploy time too

I guess I will give Stevooo props for being honest.
By that I mean I am sure some top players(not all of them of course, just some) are probably playing double 0 :
— saying things to the Overwatch team
— saying the opposite to their audience on Stream

I diagree, symms old beam was better. Not for the autolock but for the tick rate. The old weapon was better at melting tanks than this one.

so a youtuber/streamer opinion worth more than the majority of players agreeing her primary fire need a fix/tweak?

yeah… cool story bro.

Mostly of us dont give a dang from “pro” youtubers, they are a penny the dozen.

1 Like

He’s doing that too though? He’s been completely two-faced for years.

“For those who don’t know Steve-O, he’s a 4400 SR Symmetra one trick with thousands of hours on her.”

Cool all still take him down with my arrows.

This is false. Please make sure you’re correct before spewing things as facts.

Old turrets = 30 dps x 6 = 180
New turrets = 50 dps x 3 = 150

1 Like

Exactly. I’ve seen no one mention her right click orbs. Comparing her to Zarya while she still has the turrets and fast large orbs and still complaining about her left click. I’m not sure if most of the people on the forums actually play the game because I’ve come across good syms in game and they carry the win. She doesn’t need a primary fire buff, she has a huge toolkit. Learn to play it better.

1 Like

Buuut it also recharges on barriers and has more than twice the range.

I actually agree with him, yet still one opinion isn’t the fact.
Yet symm is good now and need just some number tweaks to be strong or at least viable

So you’re saying because the rest of her kit is good, a bad M1 is acceptable?
How is such distribution okay?

3 Likes

So because one person said something about her we should just all sit down and shut up? Right now we’ve got Fareeha who’s overjoyed with the Pharah buffs and Valkia who’s angry at the Pharah nerfs; both are top Pharah players. It’s almost as if opinions are just opinions or something, and the truth is another thing entirely.

Anyone can say that any character is great just because it’s easy for them. The thing is just because it’s easy for you doesn’t mean it’s actually easy.

1 Like

Might wanna get your facts straight there pal, Sym 2.0 had a 7 meter range (9.5 for tether break once attached), current Sym has 12 meter, that is not more than twice as much.

Also Zarya, a tank, has a 16 meter range and a higher max damage (190 dps). But who I am to judge, it is only a DPS vs a Tank

2 Likes

Lets just look at straight up facts here:

3.0 Symmetra

1. Weapon must be charged to deal optimal damage (this takes 4 seconds)
  2. Weapon Must be within 12m to deal that damage
  3. Weapon Damage is based on 100% accuracy
  4. Weapon damage will be halved by armor

2.0 Symmetra

1. Weapon must be charged to do optimal damage (Takes 2 seconds)
  2. Weapon must be within 7m to initiate damage, 9.5m to break tether
  3. Weapon damage based on charge level and range
  4. Weapon damage only minorly affected by armor

Why is it hard to see the problem here? It’s a nerf, dressed as a buff.

You get 2.5 meters more range, do about the same damage overall, and take twice as long to charge up. How is this a buff? I mean, yeah, the range increased, but the rest is a net nerf.

So, damage reduction from primary, add in the damage reduction from turrets, plus the damage reduction from piercing and you get a whole lot of damage reduction.

I’m not saying she needs turrets buffed, nor am I saying she needs alt fire buffed, her primary fire doesn’t even need its top end damage buffed. It just needs to stop “charging up”. It makes no sense to have to charge the weapon for twice as long, with no damage mitigation to sustain the charging mechanic. At least with Sym 2.0, you only had to charge it for half the time, and hey, you even had a shield generator and a photon shield to assist you in getting to that charge level.

I also don’t think that Symmetra needs to do 180dps from the outset with the primary either, which you might have been led to believe.

I would like to see a linear ramp from 90-100dps up to 180, over the course of 2 seconds.

6 Likes

I’ve been playing Symmettra since 1.0; all the Symm mains complaining because they can’t lock on anymore and kill with ease.

:rofl::joy:

1 Like

No I’m saying it’s a wide toolkit and learn how to use each ability effectively.