Steve-O Says He's Tired of Symmetra Mains Complaining About Her Primary Fire. It's Better Than Ever!

Wait so this guy…

Said it’s good now? Or is there another Stevoo?

Tell him not all of us have 100% accuracy to make this 180 dps do something, a reinhart to convininently stand in front of us to give us charge, a team who listens to every word he say, doesnt report us as soon as we play symmetra, and actually uses the tp and some of us want some independance

He literally said in the video above it was trash, what did he get paid or smth?

2 Likes

Yup the same guy. He said it was garbage before. But not anymore.

It is better and quite frankly is the only thing that doesn’t need to be messed with (except a better tick rate). Buuuuut every other part of her kit needs a buff/change of some kind. So oopsie…

Many players still don’t understand that Primary =/= Main. It just means the 1st feature of the gun, not the dominant feature. Her Alt Fire is what should be spammed. If there’s a shield around or a fat character, then she charges up her 180dps beam. She’s a zoning character by nature with very little self-defense but a repositioning tool (for the whole team to boot). She’s basically a very weird combination of a Sniper and Pharah lol.

2 Likes

I would agree with Steve-O. I use her primary a lot for squishies, tanks and shield busting. Her damage is decent when charged up.

1 Like

Well, Steve-O and I agree that the new primary fire is useful at least, if for different reasons.

Before, there was no way to really tell who’s trolling and who’s playing Symmetra seriously. Now it’s easy: no serious player would ever use the steaming pile of dung she calls a “primary fire” under anything but perfectly optimal conditions, which don’t come around often.

There’s almost always a better choice for her than to M1 a barrier, and there is always a better choice than to M1 anything else.

2 Likes

And im supposed to care what some “top” twitch player says because why?

3 Likes

I don’t play much Sym but like, to me that sounds like a problem.
Not only is it a power creep on Rein, but to ramp up so much damage in such a talent-less way yet again is not good but then it becomes impossible to fight with the beam unless there is a shield and thus the problem of accuracy comes into play. They made her just as niche and alienated her playerbase that had low aim skill, such as people who suffered from disabilities that effected their aim can now no longer play her.
I farm Rein but that is a huge risk because if he decides to fight, if his team focus you down as a threat to their protection, it just seems more effective to use right click, which doesn’t sound like it should be the case unless they switch which one is considered her primary fire.

2 Likes

So because some is better than they were before, there’s no reason to complain?

OK devs of you’re reading, change Mercy’s rez from 30 secs to 29 secs. There will stop all the complaints.

I don’t really get the tickrate problem that people talk about. Is it bugged or was it lowered? From what I have seen it’s currently 20 ticks, the same as Zarya.

If it’s so good, why do most Symm’s just spam right click, even at close range?

I think it’s good vs D.Va’s and other tanks, but that’s about it.

1 Like

Because of perception? I honestly agree with him. Her primary fire was buffed. The numbers do not lie, fam.

if numbers were everything bastion would be the top dps and moira the top healer.

Anyway, i LOVE the rework, people won’t admit it, but it’s a buff on every front. It’s just that symmetra was THAT bad, so even such an extensive buff makes her still a poor choice.
And still, i feel the primary fire is clunky and doesn’t have a good feel. Sure, i can farm shields, but that’s not always an option.
It is true it goes through like 4 seconds (actually more) of tickling before doing real damage.
I think it could use a buff.

And still, just because she’s better doesn’t mean she could use a tweak, doesnt she?

One streamer < countless other players who say otherwise.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t care if Stevo was the official, ordained Symmetra god, I would still say her primary is crap and needs buffs, and I would still think he’s crazy.

I agree; however, her entire kit was buffed as well. I believe that context sort of matters. Beyond that, I am not opposed to a buff, but outside of needing to aim, it IS better. I actually prefer the old beam myself. I feel where people are coming from, this is just technically an improvement. If it were up to me, we would go back to Symmetra 1.0. Luckily that is not my decision to make, lul. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

no-name platinum/gold Sym main here, my opinion has consistently, and unchangingly been:

Her primary fire IS better than before. If you look at the stats of any player in the world, their stats will guaranteed be skewed unless they made a conscious effort from the moment you bought the game to NOT waste shots while waiting for action to come to you. The prospect of Symmetra’s beam requiring 66% accuracy to be relevant to it’s previous incarnation is actually a non issue. Her beam is very easy to aim actually. It’s first form is difficult sure, but with the inclusion of even 1 turret slowing an enemy lv2 and lv3 are easy to maintain even as high as about 80% accuracy I would wager.

Her beam is without a shadow of a doubt in my mind better than her previous incarnation, but my issue with it is that it’s functional limitation in having a 20-tickrate is literally pointless. It hampers her damage against armor by 50% at all DPS levels for no reason. When Zarya reaches max DPS she loses only about 30% of her overall damage against armor because her tickrate is 5.5.

Symmetra’s tickrate was increased because at 4 it was exploitable and allowed players to spazz the motherheck out and deal 2x as much damage as they are supposed to. But making it 20 was such a pointless limitation of her abilities. They could have easily made it 5.5 like Zarya’s. Zarya does not have an exploitable issue like Sym did, so it shouldn’t be a problem.

In the end, Sym’s beam IS better now. Her main source of DPS is her orbs and that is not a problem. Like Mei, Symmetra is a utility DPS so her damage is by intentional design inconsistent. Her beam is extremely good at snowballing enemies. but 20 is just so pointless. I would have it changed to 5.5 because it just makes more sense and there’s no real reason a DPS should be more hindered by armor than a tank is with a functionally identical weapon

1 Like

This was nearly two months ago. After 50 days of GM comp, he’s had time to master it. This is why I didn’t listen to the widespread Sombra main panic during PTR because people just drew hasty conclusions without any time to adapt to the changes. This is also why I’m going to wait about a month to listen to the Pharah mains about her changes.

8 Likes

I completely agree… I have over 600 hours of Symmetra throughout all of my accounts, and despite not caring for the rework that much… The only change that I absolutely love was to her primary fire.

That thing is so awesome and it’s so powerful.

Symmetra‘s problem is that she doesn’t have a safe way to engage or disengage… She’s the only DPS in the entire game that doesn’t have a mid-fight ability that she can bust out.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, every single “DPS” has something to negate incoming enemies or damage, Sym has nothing…

And no, the teleporter isn’t a midfight ability, as it’s not instant, and not something you would deploy or use while you’re taking damage. Symmetra is missing abilities that make her an active part of a team fight. Her abilities are about impacting the team fight, while not necessarily engaging in it. She is the only hero in the entire game in any class that is totally dependent on pocket-healing to be effective. She’s extremely vulnerable on her own.

Honestly, I can’t think of one hero that she could face up with and win a 1v1. Go ahead and try it. Put Symmetra face to face with any hero in the entire game, put the crosshairs on the head, and begin firing… She loses that battle against every single hero in the game… including against supports. She has the slowest kill time of all heroes, she has limited range, and no instant denfense/mobility.

I say all of that to say, she needs her photon barrier back.

1 Like

wtf,
read your post again and tell me how that change wouldn’t make her OP