Stats still won’t show?

I’ve played comp since launch and have really enjoyed 5v5 as a tank. But I still can’t see any of my stats on my career profile! It really sucks

3 Likes

Same issue here on Xbox.

Been posting a bit in here recently and found plenty of other console players complaining about and reporting the same issue going back weeks now.

Haven’t found any indication Blizzard is aware of the extent of this issue or that they’re taking actions to correct such a massive bug.

Many play competitive matches nearly exclusively and enjoy tracking their stats or competing to improve on their play and also reflect this improvement in their metrics but this is now impossible for a large number of us.

1 Like

Craig made a post about it. BLizzard wont let me post links on here because they are control freaks, but here is what he said.

“Shortly after the launch of Overwatch 2, we discovered a bug that was causing console-specific career profile stats to be reset for players each time they played a game of Overwatch on console. This bug was due to the statistics data initially using any PC pool stats to build on instead of console pool stats, even if a player does not play on the PC platform. We have deployed a fix to this bug, and games completed on console platforms after the fix will correctly store statistics on career profiles. We are now working on restoring stats from Overwatch to all Overwatch 2 console accounts and will do that for all console players. Unfortunately, due to the nature of this bug, any stats from matches played since October 4 through October 18, 2022 will not be recoverable and will not be reflected in your current career profile. Here are a few questions and answers to understand how this will affect players.”

Basically it will take Several weeks if not months for them to fix this, if they are even going to try and fix it, which I don’t think its a high priority for them. Their priority is making money not making the game work for old players.

1 Like

Thanks for posting Vic.

I have a feeling this is the same bug or at least related to what we’re all experiencing now, but I’m concerned this may be a separate issue or additional bug they’re not addressing.

If they were aware of the issue back in October and it was part of the update around the 18th then they may have introduced a new bug or failed to address what’s causing this to still occur.

Honestly I think I’ll just skip playing OW2 at this point and likely not try picking it back up until 2023 when things may hopefully be patched and smoothed out.

I’ve put in hours of play in competitive role queue in the current season and if those statistics are just gone or not recoverable then I won’t bother risking it as an ongoing issue. It also seems this bug is related to rank issues and a failure to move up or down in rank once placed in role queue, no matter how many games played, or the individual performance.

Still would be nice if some folks from Blizzard would come in here where people are directly reporting problems and bugs so as to at least address our concerns or expand on what is known about the issue(s).

Sorry to ask Vic, but any chance you are aware of or can clarify based on the info you’ve found just which ‘fix’ this is in reference to and if it’s already supposedly been implemented or not?
I’m suspicious this “fix” was applied back in October and yet here we still are with huge numbers of console players reporting this issue as an ongoing problem.

Hope this link works and is visible for others coming here for answers.
According to Craig the Oct. 18th “bug fix” should have corrected the problem and all stats should now be updated and recorded under Career Profile but myself and plenty of others on console can attest this truly IS an ongoing issue that was unfortunately not solved by the Oct. 18th update.

Would love to see someone in the know respond to this or at least take notice that this really is an ongoing bug. It’s possible somebody knows or has already addressed this somewhere, however I cannot find any evidence of such.

This is all I have seen. I have the same issue too. I have reported on it in here multiple times. I guess Blizzard did let me post a link. lol

1 Like

Thanks Vic.
It took me a bit of looking around some more but I found the post you referenced.
Seems my fears about Blizzard believing they had fixed this issue are true.

Glad to hear there’s enough of us still reporting the problem but it is concerning that as far as I know it’s been radio silence from Blizzard about this bug since October and here we are in December.

Yeah it does suck, unfortunately thats the way that a lot of companies run. You don’t admit a problem unless you have to, and if you ever have to you make sure you only admit it once you have already fixed it. So we won’t hear anything about this until they are closer to actually fixing it, or it will just randomly show up in patch notes one day.

1 Like

True transparency in large corporations is rare. I one day hope that changes, but I don’t think it ever will.