Staff Censor Umbrella Post Thread Because "Spam"

https://www.reddit.com/r/MemeDocumentation/comments/dh54jy/overwatch_staff_censor_umbrella_boycott/

For some reason the staff though it was a good idea to call my discussion of an Overwatch topic an advertisement, remove my ability to respond, and censor me for it. This is legitimate discussion of Overwatch player activities surrounding the upcoming major Blizzcon event which may involve a large amount of Mei cosplay. Considering this is a general topic related to Overwatch, this is perfectly on-topic and certainly does not constitute spam. And I am 100% certain I am not trying to advertise Blizzcon, as the warning states.

Is this an out-of-season April Fools joke?

Edit: P.S. the discussion was 404/censored along with the more than 100 replies.

[topic locked by Forum Moderator: Please review the Code of Conduct we have available as a guide for forum use to prevent any future action. This post was locked because the topic mentions action that was taken on a previous post. Your fellow forum posters have already correctly answered the question as to why the original post was moved. Please refrain from creating an additional post on this matter as it can be viewed as spam.]

3 Likes

more than likely it was taken down due to the possiblity of it moving into a thread where everyone is insulting each other

5 Likes

I doubt the staff would lie. If they say it was removed for being an ad, we should trust they are telling the truth. In which case, we have to wonder how my post constituted an advertisement. Any ideas?

they may have felt you were advertising the boycott event itself

1 Like

While I have no comment about the specific discussion about the overall topic of Blizzard’s stance with Blitzchung, I will remind you that the discussion of account actions and forum actions on the forums again is still a violation of the Forum Code-of-Conduct and the Overwatch Posting Guidelines.

2 Likes

Then don’t censor my ability to respond.

1 Like

oh and that too, yeah forgot about that

They probably thought it was an ad because you linked it to a reddit post or something idk

probably this , honestly,

well I guess that handles that

No, it was taken down because he was advertising a protest.

He’s lying at this point if he’s saying it wasn’t lol.

He linked to a reddit post he made advertising a protest at blizzcon

I would post proof, but I don’t want to advertise it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Stop being dishonest, you literally linked your OWN reddit thread which you linked to the protest website.

Now you sit on the forum LYING about it because the post got deleted?

7 Likes

Spam is not just ads you know

You can question any action with a support ticket. Or does it have to be in a place everyone can watch you?

So you post a thread about a protest against Blizzard on Blizzard’s forums and then it gets taken down by Blizzard.

This is a surprised pikachu meme moment if I’ve ever seen one.

3 Likes

Surprised pikachu, realistic edition :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Budget increased Pikachu :joy:

2 Likes