Stacks have no place in competitive

Valorant. Rogue company. Rainbow six siege. Cs go. Oh look I just named four. No solo q in any. It’s almost like it’s trash and you should stack.

1 Like

Competitive/competition is supposed to trade-away fun for correctly classified player labels in a ranked/ladder ecosystem. When you opt-in to a competitive ladder, as a contestant, as a path2pro, as an esports enthusiast, or for legitimate content creation, you expect unadulterated matchmaking. No forcing the odds, no rigging or handicapping the parameters, etc.

If the matchmaking was provably random (through public/3rd party audits), then stomps and streaks would happen, as would solos-vs.-stacks. It might be unfun, but it would be properly competitive. People might quit or grind/retention less, because it’s not fun - but you would have ranked integrity.

There really is no free-lunch. If you rig the games you break the labels. If you want proper labels, the games can’t be rigged. Everyone in my survey group memes the ATVI sbmm systems. They would 100% rather proper labels than weird lobbies where they are oppressed by their own performance-tracking and rigged load-balance.

1 Like

Hey man my comms lit ty for asking. Mb you should try practice posting in general before coming to competitive to practice your baseless insults.

Back on subject yeah a soloq is a no brainer actually crazy so many are up in arms about how the MAJORITY plays. Idm queues going up to separate the players.

I don’t think grouping is bad. But they need to fix it. 4 and 5 stack games are complete AIDS for the poor solo qers dumped into that sh#$.

Duo and six stack only

3 Likes

How can they fix player attitudes though, because that is the issue there.

The attitudes of a few players, not the fact that they are grouped.

1 Like

I agree, Competitive Play should be solo queue only. Blizzard’s accommodation for groups/stacks is part of a massive algorithmic handicapping problem:

Posting your own mad theory is not proof.

There is no algorithm that is “handicapping” anything.

Take your tinfoil hat off for a bit and just play the game.

2 Likes

It’s okay, you’ve just made it clear that you’re mad that you have no friends or loved one’s that play the game with you and you’re jealous of those that do. Have a nice day friend :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Please stop denying and start fact-checking. Several of the rigging patents clearly show Overwatch and are in active-use. That’s strong evidence. What have you got? Strong denial based on zero counter evidence.

1 Like

No it isn’t. And these don’t exist.

Your win rates are about 50% because that is how balanced games work. You have a 50/50 chance of winning if its matched correctly.

If you win a load and climb, but don’t actually improve, of course you’ll start losing more, because the higher you go without improving the more of a deadweight you become.

There is no conspiracy. Other than in the minds of those that fail to grasp basic maths and logic.

3 Likes

Win rate is not the same as rigging the match towards a 50/50 outcome.

It’s you who needs to go back and read the patents, again. I’m not sure if it’s reading comp or math that’s holding you back. Right now, you’re not even citing the basic mechanisms right.

Please, just stop speculating or wrongfully interpreting how it works. Stop denying, and start fact-checking. The patents are right there and you can inform yourself word-for-word how ATVI rigs it’s games.

Or solos have no place in competitive OW.
Make friends

1 Like

Friends aren’t sustainable. Solos/duos are. Large groups should wait on the sidelines for other large groups. That’s the trade you’re making - team quality (control over your peeps) at the cost of wait times (while we find you peeps and make sure the game is really hard, because u stacked up for it).

The larger the required group size, the longer the cycle time. OW2 clan system might help somewhat. But group LFG is one of the reasons 5v5 is on the table for OW2. Groups are an added hurdle and this game has enough of those.

1 Like

No. The games with 4-5 stacks are generally unbalanced.

2,3 and 6 stack only would eliminate that problem.

You would have
4 solo 2 duo
Or
3 duos
Or
2 3 stacks
Or
1 six stack

In no situation would a solo q have to deal with mob rule on their team.

1 Like

This right here is the post the people need but don’t deserve. I’d take this compromise any day of the week.

5v5 isn’t on the table. That is a myth.

1 Like

Really though, please tell me the patent names and/or ID #'s if you can! I need as much documentation as I can find to support my argument.

I’m waiting for the denialists to fact-check the patents instead of just refuting them on absolutely zero grounds. I was falsely flagged and actioned for posting the links last time. That’s how badly someone wants this to go away.

Ok so what was the patent about then? Please present your findings that “confirm” what it is used for, and why it can not apply to Overwatch. Thanks.

Don’t bother with that dude he’s a troll man.

2 Likes

The only patents they have for match making bits are for CoD.

1 Like