SR system Bugged. Lost 24 SR for no reason

I was playing a match today where a person left on Competitive mode , and the system displayed a message that I would not lose any SR if I stayed for the match. I played out my game and towards the end, the individual came back for a brief minute and then left again. There were a couple of minutes left in the game before that person left. The match system did not display the message this time and I LOST 24 sr! WOW. I am in total shock and dismay.

Doesn’t sound like a bug, but if you feel it is, you should discuss it in the Bug Report Forum where devs, instead of CS reps, will see it.

I just had this happen again! Someone leaves the match, the warning displays and it states " you wont lose SR for this person leaving". It still did. It took my SR away for a person leaving. I mean if this is the case, than why should I even play the match if it risks my loss of points, that are penalized against me.

Ive read online that the system penalizes the whole team for the actions of one person. if this is the case, than I could perhaps file a legal actions against that player for Depriving me of something. Which I actually could consider some form of theft. Yeah its a judgement that sounds frivolous, and at most would be a 100-300 dollar valued lawsuit. But none the less in the court system it sets what they call precedence to other cases.

As angry as I am, at the system for penalizing me for another player’s actions, I might just send this off to a bored lawyer, tack a few zeroes at the end of my claim and see what he or she has to say, if they have a slow season. Yup it means the courts obtaining records, presenting summons as well as seizure/request of data. BUt if it helps the better community good, to end this. Who knows…

If the system isn’t going to balance this, and the player knows what is at stake here. It sounds like a good judgement and a field day for the media.

It is important to note that you will lose SR because your match was marked as a loss, however that message means you will not be suspended from Competitive Play. Please read this post for details on why you still lose SR when your team as a leaver. (Click here).

I am honored to receive a reply from you directly.

Respectfully It has been a very hard month for me. As I actually DID take a full interest in Competitive play this season. But faced a huge string of losses. I am slightly “hard nosed” as I am a Commercial Honeybee operations owner,so i can sound blunt or harsh in letters or over the phone. But as a person whom gets pelted by bees, eh. I try… Yes, as well as prior to this, in college I had the privilege to do clan servers with Team Fortress 2.

This autumn, I felt it was time to play some Competitive gaming more, while my season awaits for the winter winds to part and the spring time flowers to open.

I have 700+ hours on widowmaker and flexed into playing Reaper for a team since widowmaker seams to be very niche. I did amazing with reaper this past spring at an actual sanctioned Event that Had overwatch as a competition. It was roughly several hundred chairs at this arena in the Midwestern united States. We pugged for a game on a roster and after hours of playing my team came in Second place. We played extremely well and I had really nice cards and golds. The individual on the first place winning team did have a grand master account. (which he clearly boasted and I dont blame him).

Each game I have played this season went from a really good match, to gradually worse. It really came down to troubles from the team. I understand what “pugging” means, on the issues and outcomes. I’ve been a Blizzard customer since The Burning Crusade and was an avid Arena player in that aspect. With pvp being something I did almost every waking moment until the Launch of their next expansion after M.O.P.

Overwatch has been really fun, but it’s been seeing some draw-backs for myself at least. These discussions are always going to focus around players talking about team balance, Mercy Rework, Metas and even the Match system that is built. I understand that I am NOT a perfect player by any means at all. BUT what absolutely threw me for a curve-ball, was the fact that no matter what I contributed for the match. The teams this season are suffering MAJOR leaver issues. I want to say I was at least a 2600+ and climbing rapidly at the start.

Then the first leaver I had on my team. That rating began to crash. I’ve had a leaver or a “thrower” (an actual individual sitting in the corner of a map and doing nothing) and not the person which we accuse of not doing the job.) Almost every game now. to bring me to this point.

Nearly every game. Clocking in at somewhere in the upwards of nearly 88% of the games I qued for. We had this issue. I personally do NOT mind playing other heroes and contributing to swaps when needed. But it just felt as though players were dumping matches for absolutely no reason. Normally I would call it “bad luck” but I did space out my matches to try and avoid a full downfall. Now that I am nearly out -500 SR and seeing a 25-50 SR loss per match. I have to question what exactly is going on here. The issue is, if I am the only playing staying alive in the game, and it is a 6 v1, I am not going to have the points which would support an SR gain, to leave the bracket. I mean I put the pedal down each game. Pay attention to the fight and the moment that one individual drops. I STILL face an SR loss.

Looking at this games admin response you linked me. Yes I agree, it is understandable that people would bully others to leave, so I understand this reason. But what I really felt was, it sounds nice, but no matter which direction it goes. This is going to be an issue for this game and us individuals are going to be stuck in “ELO purgatory”. .

So essentially account bans sound efficient, and even hardware bans. But since us former IT people know the Inns and outs of how to circumvent this system. It is never going to be feasible to remedy this solution, without a new path or direction on game changes.

Yes, I was into I.T. support, computer systems penetration testing and so fourth in college but I got out of the profession to do a job of honeybees for reasons. Even when i nearly lost my life because of a violent shipment of honeybees came through, I still would rather stay in the profession and do bees, vs dealing with people. No amount of bee stings could EVER hurt me, as bad as individuals would treat me on a help desk. But what IT help desk taught me was. No matter what there was on a computer. It could be solved. Always. It didn’t matter if it was a social problem,hardware problem or software problem. It was something to be solved.

It was my job to do whatever it took, to complete that job. Even if it meant NOT using any anti-virus software and manually removing the infected files with nothing but an “environment disk”. running.

I am personally, all about finding solutions, to further and better a system. Yes, people will always circumvent it and can prey off the good will of others. BUT I am queing into a competitive match, as a pug and my goal is to always be the better player. I rightly feel that IF, Overwatch league, overwatch competitive E-sports and other facets of Overwatch pro gaming are going to make or pave a way to higher popularity, it needs to allow the good intention player to make it much higher in a rank, and those whom are ruining it for others. To phase them out.

A merit system is ideal, because then it opens up additional doors. I rightly can say that I believe this game could have various district amateur leagues from various states, and has AMAZING potential here. But again, I re-iterate that something needs to be done.

I myself, am a person about finding solutions to problems. When my bee operation tanked nearly 4 years ago. I LOST 90% of my operation (600 active colonies), and have setbacks that have left me in a bind. But I did not sit down and just accept the reality. I sat down and worked hard at the solution. I worked and called top researchers in the United States on honeybee matters. With coming to the conclusion in my own testing, and advice from others. that CCD is underlying to a Genetic defect in the honeybee’s DNA strain, FROM A hybrid class of honeybee introduced into the united states. THis recessive gene introduced into the population will go unnoticed for some time, but I would fully bet you, when the right person discovers it. It’s going to redefine our industry and save it. With that said I SOLVED the “disappearing honeybee” and its NEVER happened once to me, after the initial changes we did.

Yes, I have tenacity and I expect tenacity from everyone. But I do realize that when a change is done, that everyone walks on a thin piece of glass. I care about our community and would love to see something done, so if the player does good things. They can move out of the areas with bad things. No, not every match can be a “win” and that losses do happen.

Thank you for reading this long-winded message. I wish you a safe and productive day!

:slight_smile: