SR should be ranked off of performance not W/L

I understand it’s a team game however they didn’t build teams/clans/guilds into the game so it became a solo game with a team concept.

They should base it off of performance then w/l gives that score a small boost or decrease but only 20% of your SR.

1 Like

Scott Mercer showed how some of that was used and performance provided a bonus up to 3000 SR.

The big take aways where SR is modified at <3000 SR by performance.
Decaying to 3000 meant you would get more SR for winning to quickly get back to where you had been. In addition, the closer you get to 5000 the less SR you gain per win compared to potentially lose.

Granted who knows how much of that is true anymore with the new role queue. My thought is a few things will be similar.

W/L is the only truly accurate measure of your performance. Being good at the game is being able to win more. Over time if you are better than your rank you will win more than lose and rise. There already exists performance based SR bonuses for ranks below 3K anyways.

1 Like

with new roleq. supports/tanks should be weighted to performance, dps weighted to wins.

dps are the onlyones who can farm stats without helping win.
supports/tanks by definition farms stats in order to win.

dps is the role with the most potential to impact the w/l just ask any smurf. also no amount of healing and tanking can increase the dps speed and accuracy.

so its fair to weight sr different per role.

1 Like

I’m of the mentality that teamwork is priority over hero plays.

When you win games because you did your best to do combos and all, but your performance doesn’t pass the average of other players in same conditions met when the conditions are not based by the same exact player, but players that played X Role, X hero X period of time on X map and X point with X players.

I simply don’t get why you should be affected by performance, it just doesn’t make any sense in this game. It should just compare at most your personall stats and average, not everyone else’s average when so much lements can be different between your game and someone else’s game.

Nah, I prefer my easier games. Let’s keep this system. I come from CoD, so you know, I prefer pubstomping to winning.

You’re wrong. Shield bots and heal bots are a thing and none of them are actually playing their role well. High stats aren’t necessarily useful stats.

1 Like

no. they would only be botting if they had low stats. high stats even if it was “farmed” directly helped the team win. you cant just go off flank and end up with 20k healing/damage blocked.
current system ties the tank/support roles win rate to the current elos dps winrate which will always be around 50%.
that is the fundamental problem with the game everyone knew the way you really rank up is lock dps and carry but that is impossible now so climbing will be slow grinding or rng luck unless the sr is re weighted.

Something I see way too often is supports healing tanks exclusively leaving the DPS to rot, ignoring their other support (indirectly increasing their own output by reducing their competition), not using their abilities offensively in the right moments, etc. Supports and tanks can carry. Tanks especially have even more carry potential than DPS most of the time.

1 Like

When I play dps I have come to grips with not getting heals. Have to play it like battlefield or some other game.

But when I get heals it’s wonderful.

I don’t understand how performance in a match is outweighed by losing. There are so many factors that lead to loss that may not be the players fault. it could be a close match even. The moment you lose though, demoted, loss of SR. How is that a fair and correct wait to judge a players rank? It should be based on the same skill criteria that medals go by should it not?

It has been 2 years.

2 Likes

What do you expect a ChaosDragon to do?

Something, not… Chaosy?

1 Like

Fair enough‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎

1 Like

Hey, can you make a new thread about this… I mean, it is actually a good point, and worth talking about, but not in a necro.

Hell, I will do it.

I was planning on it but the whole forums system was like “there is already a topic on this, just comment there”

1 Like

Ignore those comments, Seriously, The forum software also tell you to direct message people and doesn’t have the ability to support it.

1 Like