SR loss for disconnecting, despite re-connecting and winning

Recently I have had a game where my internet has dropped out. I reconnected having a round pass and carried on and we won the game, yet I still lost 50 sr having reconnected and done my part to help the team win.

I appreciate the need for a punishment for leaving the games in competitive. But at the same time there are instances where innocent players have DC issues. It really feels that there is no incentive to rejoin the game (and try to win). Please can this be looked at so if you reconnect and win you dont win or lose any sr, this way there is a punishment because you dont win sr (and you would still lose sr if the match is lost) but there is an incentive to reconnect to the game and try to win.

Cheers.

If you take longer than 2 minutes to rejoin a match, you are automatically penalized regardless of match result. Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here: