SR loss and no reason for it

I got disconnected during the search for a game and i got penalized by 50 sr and a 10 minute suspension, really? it had not even found the match

When you disconnect, the server does not immediately drop you from the queue and can take as much as a minute for it to time you out. Any time during that time you can be paired for a match, and in order to prevent queue dodging, you are penalized. If you are disconnecting frequently either check out these troubleshooting steps or post in the technical support forum for assistance.

1 Like

Oh is that the reason why you get penalized when cancelling the queue?

Your reason is more of a bug based on recent changes on how fast the matchmaking finds matches in the current patch. The server didn’t receive the cancellation signal at the time when they queued you for a match. I expect this bug to be resolved when the new patch comes out.

I understand thank you very much for the explanation.

Is there any explanation how the bug was created or did it just come out of the blue?

My standing theory is that in preparation for the upcoming Role Queue features there have been a noticeable decrease in overall matchmaking times on the live server as they loosened the parameters of matchmaking. Finding a match is almost instant for most players.

Again this is my current theory and I can’t confirm as a forum MVP if Blizzard sees this as a direct bug or not. Based on my experience on the PTR however, I have been unable to duplicate this bug by deliberately stopping my search queues short.

1 Like