SR Loss and Leaver Penalty for Leaving A Competitive Skirmish?

Hi,
So yesterday I queued up for support and almost immediately got into a competitive game. However, it said not enough players and it was waiting. So, basically it was kind of like a skirmish.

But, then after a while I decided to leave since the game wasn’t starting and I got a leaver penalty, was banned for a couple minutes, and loss 50 sr. However the competitive match had not even started yet and we were still waiting on players. Can you please explain this?

How I THINK it works is, when you load up a game, before you even load in, you get your enemies and teammates selected for you before you see the game found text. So its possible that you already loaded into a comp game and left, and because you were in a comp game, it ran the code that the leaver penalty does.

But the game not even started? My team hadn’t even chosen their heroes and I was already out of spawn. It was a skirmish, how do I get punished for leaving a skirmish.

So im a little confused. Did you queue up for a comp game, and then click skirmish while you were waiting? Or did the game glitch in some other way?

I queued up for a support game, played deathmatch while I was waiting, then it said found a game. However when I got into the game it said not enough players, and it was like skirmish style where you just pick a hero and immediately can like fight with the enemy but with no objective capture or anything. And then I decided to leave bc I mean it wasn’t even a comp game.

That right there would be your fault. Honestly word of advice, once you queue in a comp game, dont cancel it unless you really need to. Dont leave unless the leaver penalty is all the way done. Sorry you lost 50 SR (believe me i know how it feels).

Ok, losing 50 sr for leaving a skirmish that’s not even a competitive game is my fault. That’s like saying leaving practice range while waiting for a comp game is punishable.

Well, it is your fault like it or not, which sucks I know, and its annoying that blizz cant give you back your sr. I guess you just move on from it and hope it doesnt happen again. But if it does, i would open a ticket and note the first time this happened

But would opening a ticket really do anything?
I mean all they do is say sorry and that they can’t do anything about it.

that is true. But I mean its the only shot until a dev knows about this and can hopefully fix it.