SR gained/lost should be roughly the same and not so unstable and mysterious

Funny how everyone seems to agree that all of OW’s algorithms for medals, POTG, and other stats are all meaningless bullsh-t YET nobody seems to question the MMR system in this game? So many players in High Elo gaining 18-25 SR while losing 35-50 is just bullsh-t. The game shouldn’t actively try to put you at lower ranks based on it’s sh-tty numbers. You know what, even if you got extremely lucky and got straight up carried all the way to Diamond or Masters, WHO CARES?

GETTING CARRIED DOES NOT = 50% W/R

If you are playing against better players in a Skill Group that you can’t handle then you will lose, it’s as simple as that. Nobody is ever so lucky as to climb all the way from Bronze to Masters by getting carried the entire time, so why the hell does OW try to butt it’s stupid little face into everybodies games by giving 18 a win and -30 or more for a loss??

I think the game would be a lot more fun if it wasn’t constantly trying to punish you for doing well and keep you at some invisible number nobody understands. I think SR gain/loss should be kept at a flat rate of say 25 SR per game, adding +1 or +2 each consecutive loss/win with a cap of about 35 SR, resetting every 24 hours giving people the incentive to just put the game down after a going on a losing streak.

1 Like

It makes sense that a player of lower average MMR in a match will gain more SR, as the match in question is harder for them to play. As a result, they’re rewarded. The opposite is true for higher rated players.

A boosted player will always fall down if they don’t deserve. The MMR system helps with that too.

PBSR doesn’t exist Diamond+. I actually like PBSR because it gives me additional feedback of how well my matches are going.

I’ve never lost more than 25 SR in a match.

PBSR is based on your performance relative to the other people playing your hero in your rank.

If you were boosted up to a much higher SR than you deserve, that would explain the large negatives in your SR.