SR gain is bugged, do not play comp until it's fixed. You can still lose SR tho

I can’t say I agree, when you earn something if its in competitive you deserve to be awarded for it. If they can not give back your SR, I expected them to compensate for it. When you deal with throwers every single day and are trying to play the game professionally SR matters very much. For the people who have proof that you won and didn’t gain SR they should do something for them… Even if its just OWL Points or something.

1 Like

Yes sure. I agree with you man.

But since I think they won’t, I’d settle for solutions and some reassurance.

In the meanwhile, I couldn’t wait and tried again after the scan and repair.

Played 3 games so far without issues.

1 Like

Competitive is basically like the amateur leagues.

Yet it’s hard to take Overwatch seriously if the reason for not getting (say) a full win is because the scoreboard glitched.

Imagine if that were the policy in baseball or basketball?

Edit: Also, it’s software so it’s an “if” but “when” something similar will happen again.

1 Like

It’s sad that its a rating system that “matters” for many things but if you look into it for what it really is it doesn’t mean anything.

Hey Bill
Might be a good idea to put this solution into the the known issues post.

I’ve had this issue for months, and the repair does seem to help a lot of the time (although it needs to be done frequently), but sometimes it doesn’t make any difference (or possibly that the fix is very temporary). At this point, when I intend to play the game, I have to make myself wait out the repair first just to bring the issue’s frequency down.

In the past, I’d wait it out, play a few games to make sure everything worked, then jump into Competitive with about a 1 in 3 chance of it getting stuck in loading anyway. It really killed the motivation to build up rank when a random loading bug can wipe out all progress. In looking at forums to find the repair solution in the first place, it seems this bug has been around and known for over a year now.

I haven’t been playing recently, and I’m looking to get a new PC before long anyway (the issue could be with that, despite Overwatch being the sole victim) so it’s a moot point as far as it concerns me, but I would still like to offer my contrary sample anyway if you’ve never heard a case of the repair not outright fixing the problem.

Just won 2 games in a row, did not gain any SR. Stuck at 2157. Please advise

1 Like

1 month later? … this has to be a joke right?

I’ve played every day for season 10 so far, and I haven’t encountered this bug.

When can we get back our golden skins and other unlocks that magically got relocked in Hero Gallery by the year old relock-bug? Thanks for your response!

Our age old bug reports that went unanswered for months so far, in case you perhaps forgot:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/still-no-reply-random-re-locks-in-hero-gallery/86496 https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/skins-missing-or-becoming-locked/1566

If you say you still cannot fix it, I will also accept 150 free lootboxes alternatively, which should approx. cover the costs of unlocking all of them manually again. But you’ll need to unlock the event-gated skins anyway.

Ha dream on :joy::joy::joy::joy: