SR from winning and losing

i am not kidding. i LITERALLY just lost about 80 sr from losing one game, and i only gain about 10 for winning a game. 80 sr gone from 1 game!?!? is that even possible? blizzard idk what youre doing and im never complained about this game before but FIX THIS PLEASE

2 Likes

if you don’t pull your weight, you lose more SR…

1 Like

well yeah, but I don’t think even hard throwers lose 80 SR from a match

2 Likes

In the first few games after you place in an off role you are bad at you can totally lose 80sr.

I lost huge amounts of sr in tank role after i placed. In the first loss after tank placements im pretty sure i lost around 80 sr. I was not throwing in any way i was genuinely just that bad.

2 Likes

It’s like mid season, safe to assume he’s been placed for a while

Why? What would make you assume without any information that he has been placed for a while vs just placed?

Even though its mid season i still run into players that didnt play beta and havent finished placements yet. Even then many players just did placements and didnt continue to play on their off roles.

These types of sr gains and losses only happen with the newly placed. Huge losses and minimal gains dont happen with established accounts or roles. They are however not uncommon with freshly placed accounts or gains/losses for fresh placements on off roles.

pretty sure if I go Orisa and have gold damage and elims the whole game with a widow and genji on my team im not the one doing something wrong lol

all depends, if you’re focusing on kills over shielding teams and helping re-position the enemies for your team as Orisa… then you are doing something wrong

never said i wasnt shielding, but i agree, but you gotta trust me when i say i was shielding lol, thanks for the feedback! :slight_smile:

There’s basically three possibilities:

1. You are wrong about your SR gain and loss.

2. You had horrible statistics

3. The SR changes were bugged.

Write down your SR changes and heroes played for 50 games or so and I may have something more specific to say.

See How Competitive Matchmaking and Rating Works (Season 18) for more general info.

i will if i remember lol thanks, they might be bugged, as i have been disconnected constantly for no reasons when my wifi is just fine

I would file this under Bug Report. It is well documented that people have had very unusual SR changes after matches, particularly I’ve seen players only gain 2-3 SR after a win. I can attest that in general, SR gains and losses seem really random, as matches where I feel like I did extremely well don’t see the results I was expecting and matches where I am practically dead weight for the team result in decent gains or very little SR lost. The system isn’t as robust as people think it is, and under the hood, I’m willing to bet the code isn’t as “smart” as players expect it to be. It’s all based on win/loss ratio at the end of the day, and once MMR, SR, and wins/losses aren’t factored, the match maker has absolutely no way of distinguishing the skills of a Bronze player versus GM.

If you dc a lot then yeah, you will get punished more. The system knows you’re unreliable so you get put down more & more.
Dont use wifi if possible.
Its garbage for reliability

I think the problem here is that you lose 80 regardless you perform good or bad. From my experience at least

i’ve been noticing i’m gaining very little sr from winning too, even with extraordinary stats in the game, thanks for the advice i’ll put it under the bug thing asap, although there probably are many reports of this already