SR a.k.a Skill Rating

Let me preface this by saying,im unaware of what determines your skill rating points increasing or decreasing by x amount,besides the obvious such as wins giving you a positive amount of points and losses giving you negative.

Just finished a competitive game on Junkertown and was baffled by my sr gained. I had 71 eliminations,35+ objective eliminations,and just over 8 minutes of objective time. We won the game and the total game time was 27:09,curious to how much i would gain from such a long game,along with good medals,i decided to stay until the very end of the match where you see your career high and season high,along with your ranks tier and the animation of your sr rising or lowering.

With all this being said I gained a total of 24 sr,I was wondering if anyone knew the determining factors of sr gained/lost? -Much Love!:heart:

1 Like

Well think the baseline +- is around 25. From there it can be influenced from
a. Below diamond - if above diamond I think you only get 25. Below diamond there are some more factors.

1. Performance stats that no1 knows the secret formula.
  2. Win streaks / loss streaks

Lastly you can gain a lot of information from this thread:

1 Like

To keep it simple, there is a tiny amount of performance-based skill rating metric for Platinum or lower-ranked players. This performance metric compares your performance to the averages of the hero you played from community averages (it does NOT compare you to your teammates). However more important factors are…

• Strength of Schedule - This is the comparison between the averages of the two teams and which team had a higher win expectancy. The stronger team will earn less SR if they win, the weaker team will earn more.
  • Frequency of play - If you play extremely consistently, your gains and losses will be very controlled around 19 to 26 SR per game for most games. If you only play extremely sparingly or if you are a brand new player, then your SR adjustments will be more larger.
  • Ladder squish - The higher you climb the ladder the less SR you will gain per win. Realistically this is only noticeable if you are in the highest of grandmaster ranks though (and the same works in reverse for losing and bronze ranks).
7 Likes

I doubt we will ever know for sure, people would just abuse it if they did know for sure.

I’m guessing it’s hero dependent, and if i was a dev, that has repeatedly told people their intent on what we are supposed to do in the game…

I would probably tie the sr performance to what a hero’s intended job is.

also elims and things like that mean nothing, you can get huge value out of tracer by simply having the enemy supports looking at you constantly, without anyone dying. This is because if the healers are looking at you and not healing. Now you need more than 1 looking at you for it to be value and not just even, if no one is dying, but im sure you get my point. 6v6 - 1v2 means to team should win a 5v4

2 Likes

Yikes

You just confirmed hardstuck aka grind for older accounts

More invitation for alt accounts for play rotation.

Not exactly, it has been stated that players will still likely reach their peak skill on the main account assuming they play as good as they can on their alternate.

4 Likes

If thats what you took away from his post it’s 100% you thats the problem and not some fictitious system youre intent on blaming.

3 Likes

Well… it’s also been noted people pick different chars on their alternates… just sayin.

Please by all means can you elaborate? Cause between you and the myst I see 100% devotion to a system that without flaw will operate with complete trust in people.

I would like to think you should get more SR for blowing an enemy team out of the water, Sounds like OP had a very close match and thus it didnt warrant a big SR jump.

If you hit tab and see the stats on your Right side, I am pretty sure those are the biggest stats to factor your SR gains and those stats are compared against other players on the same hero in the same rank range.

3 Likes

Yes, that is the extreme you have to create to not be the crazy one.

It’s just like every over the top political swing, where you have to create such abrupt rigid swing to create your narritive.

We get it, it’s totally not you and GM’s are chosen ones that the system decided to elevate.

Myst’s example is simply what it says;

We have known this since the beginning, it is just straight up impossible to create an even chance of winning. So if over come the odd’s you get like 1 extra sr point.

If you think you deserve a higher rank and can’t overcome a negligible difference, you don’t deserve to rank up since the new bracket will be these better players.

He’s is saying if your personal gameplay IS CONSISTENT you won’t swing around in points so much.

If you are on a new account it gives you a bit more room to swing for your first few games.

pretty self explanatory…

exactly what problem are you having understanding something he spelled out rather clearly for you?

What you can’t trust in is your own consistency or game knowledge, that is how you climb, you become consistent and use game knowledge.

How did a GM put it a while ago, SR is just a personal inconsistency and knowledge cap and all you have to do is actually learn and become more consistent to increase that number. (or something this was a while ago)

3 Likes

Or OP him/herself didn’t do a whole lot during that game and one or two players were the super stars.

2 Likes

dude youre silver just stop playing dumb and youll get out

-a former silver player on all roles

4 Likes

Politician 1 - I’d like us to discuss common sense reform.

Politician 2 - See!! You see!! My opponent wants to OUTRIGHT BAN (insert hot topic item here)

Can’t… Too busy blaming inanimate objects.

4 Likes

Great break down, thanks for the elaboration for SR gains. However I was referring to the personal attack.

Like could you elaborate what exactly am I blaming when I point out a possible loop hole in this glorious system?

I saw that the system will bigger variance if you don’t play for awhile.

I have not noted my sr (yet that was brought up by another Russian troll farmer). I don’t blame the system for where I am(not in this thread), just pointing out that if you get larger SR gains that may invite alternate accounts so to space account play, and may also explain how multiple people (not I, I was able to climb my tank to near plat), have a “long time” to climb accounts.

Let’s not mention the gdc video that had a graph of match quality below 70%.

#YikesBro

1 Like

Again not blaming anything.

You know more than most I seek out vods (it’s been awhile) - asked the discord group for coaching- offered money , figured had to better than gameleap! And yet I’m still “blaming” inanimate objects. Yikes is right… joined the other group for scrims…. I can’t talk about forums ( yet others do) but on the forums I’m met with this constant narrative that I’m blaming something.

The “#YikesBro” wasn’t directed towards you.

It was directed towards that very poorly written grammar.

My mind hit the loading screen. :rofl:

Did you even see what I quoted?

1 Like

I liked the phrase - yikes bro I’m trying yet on the forums I’m still blaming inanimate objects. And if someone posts something directly on the forums they too get reprimanded not just me.

Try this, talk to me directly, no more personal attacks.

As they should. Rather than blaming the boogie man or being toxic towards people who play the game for fun, they should look inward and question why others succeed and they do not.

There’s LITERALLY nothing special about me when compared to you, Bob. Other than that I probably have 400 or 500 more hours in aim training than you. Beyond that… I’m just another dude who likes to play video games.

So what makes me win where you don’t? Why would the match maker suddenly decide to push me up instead of others? Maybe they like my voice? I’ve been told I could be a voice actor :smiley:

2 Likes

Sorry op - just venting from the personal attacks I constantly get. I hope you got your information earlier in the thread.

Can I send you some vods so you can help me and we can figure it out together? Until then we don’t know together can we have an open mind about things we don’t know (matchmaker hidden variables). You have your experience, I have mine. Only definitive paper is from the gdc video I’m not suppose to post or talk about.

I guess in the mean time the troll farm keeps making those memes

1 Like