Spoiler alert: Total mayhem did not come

I play support mostly and I love Total Mayhem so I can rack up big numbers in healing. I’ve grown to loathe seasonal events because they always screw with the chances of Total Mayhem showing up. I get that deathmatch is popular (is it?) but Overwatch is supposed to be a team-based game at heart and why would I even want to play deathmatch as a Mercy/Baptiste/Zen player? This isn’t the Marvel Universe everything doesn’t have to be perfectly balanced Thanos/Kaplan lets have our fun little romper room.

5 Likes

Another daily refresh and another day without TM in Overwatch. This is just getting silly. You know what, screw events, they all suck anyways and they aren’t worth getting rid of TM for 3+ weeks at a time.

3 Likes

Imagine having a skin only available for 7 days but the only gametype you like doesnt show up so cool, you dont get this skin, you dont get this skin forever.

Happens far too often. Including this week, possibly.

3 Likes

Is this whole game riding on Total mayhem being available for you?

1 Like

To players like my best friend, yes.

Jeff minimizing TM because “he doesn’t like it” is kind of insulting tbh. A large portion of the overwatch community doesn’t like Competitive. Are you going to remove Competitive? Of course not.

A large portion of the overwatch community doesn’t even like pvp, which is why OW2 exists. Are you going to remove pvp?

5 Likes

Yeah, pretty much. At least it’s the only game mode that I enjoy playing anymore. I never really cared for competitive/quick play as it just feels too slow and too dependent on team comp, plus they are filled with annoying try-hards.

So I pretty much only played Arcade mode, then DM was introduced and that seems to be the only mode that shows up nowadays. Yesterday we had 3 different variations of DM, CTF modes, mystery heroes, and low grav. I played low grav for a few matches but I don’t enjoy it as much as the craziness of TM.

another day, no total mayhem

AS someone who doest like playing the main mode, and who also likes chaos…yes

4 Likes

Good for him. His opinion of the mode, however, is irrelevant to whether or not I enjoy it, and it’s frankly the only mode I have fun playing any more. No TM, no play, it’s that simple.

2 Likes

Yup. No TM, no play.

3 Likes

I’m sure there are some custom game modes out there that are way more chaotic than total mayhem

But it’s not controlled chaos

For example: 500% games are just filled with Moira orb spammers, infinite Zara bubbles, infinite stuns and boops

1 Like

lol, mass rez total mayhem and moth meta total mayhem was a D I S A S T E R

Actually, the original pre-Sombra no hero limits Total Mayhem was probably more of a disaster. Think of it this way, a payload stalled just before the final checkpoint covered in a mountain of blue and pink ice

no limits in total mayhem? lordt i would have cried :sob: 6 doomfists after 1 mercy LOL

1 Like

Yeah. Also no win for the weekly lootboxes in arcade and reduced exp gain.

4 Likes

dang thats a fat F so…

F

2 Likes

Jeff Kaplan: “People enjoy it, so my wish is that it would just go away”

4 Likes

I did not understand this. If its a mode which players like and have their fun (which is desireable in a game) it should be promoted.
Meanwhile I have never heard anything good about mystery deathmatch.

3 Likes

Isn’t this the game mode everyone wants though

But doing this we earn no xp for the event, no progress towards the challenge skin and have to rely on other players joining the lobby rather than matchmaking which is unreliable at best

3 Likes