Split the queues - Everyone gets what they want

If there was comp classic I would go straight there. 2-2-2 frequently ranges from dull to frustrating.

EDIT: Also, I wouldn’t even mind solo healing for 5 DPS.

2 Likes

At this point they should just make a specific game mode for people waiting in queues that give a small bit of currency depending on score that pays out when you go into a match.

Because sr is role based now. Splitting the qué means nonsense SRS even more than now

1 Like

It really depends on how big the player base is.

I mean take League of Legends. For the longest time it has had “Quick Match” where you just kinda pick whatever, “Unranked Draft” that adds the pick/ban phase, and “Ranked Draft” that adds comp points on top. Their queue times weren’t too bad back when I played.

Splitting the player base is something to be wary of… but the thing is they are enacting new rules and structure on the “main” game modes that people may find distasteful… they’re actions are already splitting the player base.
They’re just making the choices “Role Queue or Not Overwatch” instead of “Role Queue or Not Role Queue”.

we disagree. np.

I am curious how the match quality would decrease? Players who want to play roles in role queue would do so and the game should better for it correct? And players who want to try different comps and play more diverse set up can as well you have two groups playing the mode they wish playing with the intent to achieve the same goal instead of working towards different goals in the same gamer mode

A win for Role queue and choice queue

This would be a good thing to add as well but the issue would remain that 222 is not a good game mode for a great many players and for those that it is things are working great but I was looking to help everyone.

I think that might be Hyperbole but if not I don’t things will get that extreme and if they do one queue would be so much more full than the other I doubt that’d happen across the board I think 6-10 minuets would be the average for solo players in role queue though.

It’s the reverse that’s true. More people prefer 222 than the chaos of before, the forums have a very vocal minority.

1 Like

What will happen is: if you are dps main, you will be joining unlimited queue to save time and end up with 5 other dps. The tank and healer mains will be playing 222 since is more organized and the dps role will be filled by tank and healer mains again who can’t kill anything.

1 Like

I know of no valid data to support the claim of a majority or a minority made in the statement quoted above

I know of no basis to draw the conclusions in the statement quoted above

There are folks who main each of the roles who prefer Freedom Queue over Forced Queue

There are also folks who like to fill and/or flex who prefer Freedom Queue over Forced Queue

Further, specifically regarding “tank and healer mains again who can’t kill anything”: tanks and healers kill red team members all the time. Some even earn the gold medals for damage and/or eliminations. These players are very able to kill

I hope to give to the benefit of the doubt here is there a place I can find the aggregate opinion on the matter? No offense but I can say the opposite and all either of us has to go on is our personal view of public opinion to my knowledge. But I will happily seek out knowledge that’d prove me wrong!

I already showed you plenty if numbers last time, just because you can’t accept them is not my problem. Refrain from talking to me until you do. Good day.

The percentage of those will be still very low so 5 dps will still be the norm especially if all the dps are queuing there.

For 222 you get tank/healer mains playing dps vs other tank/healer mains playing their mains. Obviously ppl will be much better in playing their mains.

Hmm I don’t have any data to support the following claim either but: If we use the LFG as a sorta similar point of reference there are mains of each role who both like and dislike the role system and I point to the fact all three roles were filled before the mandate of them having to be so. In both queues.

SO I disagree but until it happens we can only predict.

I know of no valid data to support the conclusions stated above

I do not recall ever being shown valid data to support such a claim

There is no data of anything but there is common sense.

1 Like

What part of common sense dictates how the entire player base of overwatch will act according to the scenario’s you’ve laid out?I can believe if there are folks who will just refuse to join a certain queue but in the model you provided the players would adopt this behavior 100% of the time and I don’t think that’s true

1 Like

I dont see this as supportive of the claims being made in the post I replied to

quite frankly, there are a large number of players who are not solely dps players who prefer Freedom Queue over Forced Queue

1 Like