Sound problem, missing soundeffects!

Having a problem recently with the sound effects ingame like steps, ults and shoots. Also sound from other players next to me, like on the left and right side.

Problem appeared when summer games started and been there since.

Same problem when using speakers or headset, and they are using different sound drivers also.

It freaks me out, because I get killed from nowhere…

playing on PC.

Hello Samories!

If certain sound cues aren’t playing, particularly those related to enemy actions, let’s check some network options in-game. When certain options are enabled, the game will de-prioritize sound effect instructions to ensure positional and action information is being transmitted.

In-game, go to Options > Gameplay and find the settings for Limit Client Send Rate and Limit Server Send Rate. Make sure those are both turned off.

Best of luck in your adventures :slight_smile:

1 Like

just checked my settings, and both of those are already turned off. :confused:

We should check other network details, and surrounding stuff… let’s see if other programs in the background may be interfering in unexpected ways.The following steps will reboot into a ‘light’ mode where only the bare essential programs are running:

Closing Background Applications

After rebooting into this mode, please retry running the Battle.net app and playing as you normally would.

If issues persist, then let’s look at a network test to see if you’re maintaining a stable connection.

Let’s download WinMTR. This tool will run a robust network test that can show us a lot of information about what might be going on with the connection. Follow the instructions in this article for the best test results:

Running WinMTR

This report can then be included in a reply to the forum post.