Sound issues out of hand

I killed a widow as hog by walking up behind her yesterday and point blank shooting her for 200 damage. She posted in chat she didn’t even hear me coming. On the fat boi hog. Sounds a mess right now

1 Like

Zenyatta holding his right click for power up? - No sound!
Rein charge? - No sound
Reaper port + walking to you? - No sound
Mcree walking to you? - No sound

Your mercy teammate walking? - Loud high-heel noises

7 Likes

Sound ques are there just most of them are drowned out or you’re to focused to notice them.

Don’t worry. I heard the sound works great in Overwatch 2 so everything is good.

Overwatch Tip: Your more dangerous enemies usually have louder footsteps.
McCree: is running dead silence

Footstep sounds have been broken for months. The "official " stance is that is a Windows issue that can be fixed by changing your sound settings.

Which is zero help to console players who aren’t on Windows based systems, and can’t select sound options that don’t exist on consoles.

3 Likes

No - it’s known since a couple patches ago there are sound issues. I am talking its dead quiet and people getting on you… not in the midst of battle.

Check your windows settings.

Mine decided to turn on “spatial sound” all on its own after an update a couple of days ago. Similar issues ensued.

Useful information if you play on PC.

Not so much for console players.

No, there are multiple cases where sound qs cut off in the middle of playback and even worse not playing at all.

Exactly what you said. Not only it’s 0 help but it shows they’ve actually lied about it.

And OP indicated they were playing on pc…

My personal recommendation would be to also play on PC for the best experience.

Thanks I will check that!

1 Like

Thing is
I don’t have that and I still get the audio issues

the whole “Windows audio settings” thing is just blame shifting
It’s a bug in the audio engine of Overwatch

1 Like

“The most dangerous enemies will have the loudest footsteps” - the most misleading loading screen tip to have been put into the game

2 Likes

The sound level is far too low in this game in general when played through most wireless headsets.

Hotel? Trivago
Sksksk

Hey it worked for me on wednesday after a windows patch on tuesday.
God forbid i post what worked for me as potential advice for someone else.

1 Like

Yeah, sometimes doomfist doesn’t make sounds and I just die without knowing how and why.

THEY REALLY let this game sink…

There’s been an ongoing megathread about the audio cutout issues, nothing’s happened over the past 1.5 years since I started it, you can add your experience in there but it’s not like anything is ever going to change, the game has bugs that I guess they just don’t know how to fix: