Sound issue with enemy widowmaker

Don’t know if anyone else is experiencing this issue on every format or just ps4 or just me. But today I played 2 rounds with enemy widows and ive noticed that when they were shooting at me or sniping me there was no noise absolutely nothing from her shot. Even when my teammate beside me got sniped i didnt even notice cause there was no sound she then sniped me 1 second after intstantly. So my question is that is this a hack or a bug cause i experienced this in 2 different matches with 2 different widows.

There’s a megathread on missing audio issues, share your experience here:

Been happening for almost a year now, sometimes can’t hear bullets, footsteps, sfx voicelines, ults, etc. Video footage and hundreds of complaints but no dice. I think they made a major code rework in the latest patch that might have helped address memory issues potentially relevant to the audio problems, guess it didn’t help much.

1 Like

This is incredibly interesting. I thought I was losing my mind. I’ve been playing this game since launch and to be honest, I have no clue when my sound issues began. I want to play during the event but I’m going to have to go back to Battlefield V because the lack of crucial sounds is game-breaking. All my gear is good, drivers up-to-date, in-game settings all proper. I hope they can find a fix for this soon.

I’ve noticed missing footstep sounds, but that’s all so far. I’m also on PS4.