Sound effects not playing correctly?

I’ve been playing Deathmatch, and I’ve noticed that sound effects aren’t playing properly with regards walls and distance, most noticeably with Doomfist. If the character is around a corner, or beyond a certain (short) distance, the sound effects will play but very quietly. I have been punched into a wall by Doomfist several times as a result of not being able to hear his rocket punch charge up.

Has anyone else been experiencing this?

1 Like

Sometimes the sound effects when I’m playing Mercy will randomly cut out without a cause. I was glancing back at her intros and Fortune accidentally played completely silent.

Same for me. Sadly it’s about every ability/voice line/sound effect.
I tried an “experiment”. I went in a custom game in a closed room of a random map with Moira. I used a vertical globe so I could hear it bouncing; when I faced the globe the audio was totally fine, as soon as I turned camera little bit (without using WASD movement) the audio turned lower and lower, until it totally disappeared when it was on my back. Same happened with a hero with voice line/ult/sound effect.
Thi is so frustrating, I don’t even play comps anymore cause I’m tired to die from enemies flanking behind, having no chance to hear them and counter them.

1 Like

This is what I noticed as well.