Sound Effects Disappearing

Certain essential sound effects, including but not limited to enemy footsteps, hitsounds, point capture sounds, and the sound of my weapon firing, tend to stop functioning upon respawn. They continue to be disabled until two to three more respawns. This does not appear to be an issue that many other players are experiencing. Is there a fix-aroonie to this bug-erino?

2 Likes

Yep that happened to me

2 Likes

yep, same bug here too, effects like bullets, footsteps or other sounds like mercy’s healing stream and zenyattas energy concentration stop and i have to unplug and replug my headset to make them work. it happens pretty often.

Hey there everyone, if you have either these two settings in the GAMEPLAY options turned on, it can cause select sound effects to not play.

• Limit Client Data Sent
  • Limit Server Data Sent

These two setting help improve latency performance in the game, but at the cost of certain effects on playing in the game.

Both of these options are disabled (although they have slightly different names in the menu itself) yet the problem still persists. Any other solutions?