Sound disappears completely after a death

This bug has been around since the patch before the summer games. I thought it was going to be fixed by now.

Randomly after I die, all of the sound effects and music stops completely until I get killed again. The only thing that I can hear is the voice chat.

I am not sure what is causing it but It happens once every few deaths or something and is very annoying. It also can happen when listening to some voice lines in the gallery as well. I play mostly d.va but I think it happens with other heroes as well.

1 Like

Yup, I have been having the exact same problem. I’ve posted it HERE and HERE and have seen others post frequently about it and Blizzard has yet to address it. I’ve just about had it. It does seem to be the voice lines that are doing it, especially when the game gets a little process heavy. I don’t know if you’re having the same thing happen, but the best part that I’m finding is that I still have voice chat.

1 Like

Btw have you tried disabling the kill cam and see if it anything changes?
I was going to try it out later today.

Also the issue doesn’t seems to be related to hardware since I also get it with Conexant SmartAudio HD playback device.

1 Like

Ya, I have. I think it lessens the frequency, but it still happens. Heck, it’s happening on Lucioball right now.

1 Like