Sound cutting out during the comp or QP

That is just happened to me. After Halloween patch when i started to play QP game everything was fine. But during the match sounds of death, ultimates, fight sounds just disappeared or or occurred very late. After end of the match everything was fine again. That was Gibraltar. I restarted the game and tried one more match. And it happens again on Hanamura.

I’m not only one who facing this problem. Please fix this.

3 Likes

These troubleshooting steps may help:

Also be sure to make sure Windows Sonic is not causing issues. There was currently an active issue for PC players that is causing surround sound errors who has the latest Windows Update,

First update Windows 10 if you have not already but as a possible work around:

Disable Spatial Sound

1. Look for the :loud_sound: icon in the System Tray of your Windows Task Bar and right-click it.
  2. Switch from Windows Sonic for Headphones to Off

If you still want surround audio experience in Overwatch, enable Dolby ATMOS:

1. Make sure your headset and any driver settings is set to run only on 2-channel stereo. (See your headset manufacturer’s website for instructions).
  2. Open Overwatch
  3. Open your Options (press ESC and select Options) and select your Sound Settings
  4. Scroll to the last setting and turn on Dolby ATMOS

Turning on Dolby® ATMOS
ScreenshotATMOS.jpg1920x1080

I’m on Windows 7. Everything was fine before last update and before i started to play QP and problem show itself DURING the match. Not at the start and not at the end. Junkenstein revenge and Infinite mode of it aslo worked without any issue.

3 Likes

Classic blizzard tech support, blaming bugs that didn’t occur last update on the user.

For the record, I’m on 1909 and this occurs regardless of whether spatial sound is enabled. This occured on the PTR and I’m pretty sure multiple people reported it. It did not occur on 1.40.

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue

Same here. I re-installed the game, updated everything possible and the problem still persist. It’s annoying. I can’t hear flankers/footsteps

Same here. Not only to me but to many friends too, during different arcade games as well. Tried the troubleshooting sound and Spatial Sound is disabled. We gave up already and stopped playing for now. Was working perfectly fine before Halloween update.

Known by the team!

No worries people, this is currently being investigated and your help is greatly appreciated! I’m redirecting you to this post so you can stay updated on the situation!