Sound Bug: voice lines, sprays, hitmarkers, healthpacks, captured objectives

I am getting issues with many sounds in the game being inconsistant. The sounds that are unheard include inconsistant: voice lines, sprays, hit-markers, health packs, and objective capture/contesting. I also do not see my player saying hello in the left hand corner of team chat but still says hello. All of this was after experiencing lag for the first time in competative and in overwatch in general. I’m connected to LAN and I have fast internet speed. I experienced the lag for a couple of games but my teammates told me it was just OW League causing it. My biggest issue really is just the audio inconsistancy. This game used to run so smooth, what happened? I’ve uninstalled and re-installed, updated my drivers, and checked my sound settings. I’ve done everything that was suggested.

5 Likes

Same here.
Since the last updates, it happens too often.
All of my other friends have same problems.
In my opinion, it is not hardware problem.

2 Likes

omg i’m so glad someone else has this problem too, I thought i was the only one and when i tried searching about it i only found old posts. Same problem here Hitmarker But no damage sounds! + Freezing

The same happens to me when I’ve been playing Sombra. Pretty much all of her abilities doesn’t queue a sound sometimes:

• Hitmarker
  • When she hacks pack/hero
  • Throwing translocator/translocating
  • Hearing the gasp when she’s low

Not being able to hear when Sombra is low and have to translocator out is pretty essential to her kit, so this has been a very big issue since the latest patch.

2 Likes

Same thing here, the difference with me is that I actually changed my language to Japanese to see how it sounded and when I changed it back, hitmarkers stopped working properly, I can’t hear certain ults, no healthpack and no payload/capture point progress sound D:

What I’ve done up to now is re-installing both the base game and the PTR, but it hasn’t worked, my last hope is to do a system wipe and see if it works

Similiar problem, sometimes when I activate a voice line in spawn it does not play. Frequently I can call for healing on the field and no voice line will play and I will receive no text indicator that healing was called for either.

Same here. Have this issue for a very long time but since last patch it happens more often.

First I thought this was an issue with the sound channels. I thought, that if there are too many sounds at the same time, some of it would just not ‘fit’ into the channels and thereby would not be played.
But later on I noticed that the match count down (5,4,3,2,1,GO) wasn’t played correctly. 5 and 1 was missing. And there was no sound at all from other abilities.

So I think there is some real issue here. Lost 2 matches because of this already. Match was very close and at the decisive moment I couldn’t hear the Earthshatter yell from Rein or the D.VA Ultimate.

Very annoying bug. please fix it already since it’s been months now this bug exists.

That’s basically daily for me. But almost never do i experience that bad lag. I don’t mind if i get it.

Hi Everyone!

Try this fix out if you got Windows 10! It seems to be an issue with Spatial sound!

Thanks for that. Will try that next and give feedback whether it works or not.

EDIT: Ok so the sound is really bad if you turn that on. It’s like I’m sitting in a tin can and everything is rumbling on me. So I’ll just wait for Blizz to finally fix this issue.

As for today, September 6th 2020, this issue as described on the first post of this thread still exists. I believe it’s a bug since the last update, as I never had experienced it before myself. I asked people in the chat on some of my games and some agreed it would be a problem with the last update as they experience the same issues. I tried checking for problems, analyzing my game and my computer, cleaning it, reinstalling, restarting the computer… Nothing fixed the issue. So some people (it’s weird that it only happens to some people) have this problem yet. Would like that Blizzard updates the game with a fix soon.