Sound bug - Can't hear ultimates or footsteps

I can’t help but feel that the last couple months on Overwatch I’ve been really realizing some issues with sound when it comes to footsteps and ultimate’s. I’m not sure if maybe there is something wrong with my settings? I’ve given it plenty of looks and I haven’t seemed to find anything that would contribute to that? I’ve been playing Overwatch since the day it released and where I used to hear enemies very clearly and know who it is immediately but now it’s like i’m just walking or standing somewhere in the backline and I can be flanked and not even know until i’m 1HP because Mcree or Reaper has snuck up behind me but when I watch the kill cam they were never even crouching? Same thing if we’re in a team fight, and I don’t hear the mcree ult behind me even though he is right behind and above me, or not hearing Bob at all and I turn the corner and hes there. Same with Bastion’s ult a few times ect. I just feel like a game that is SO heavily reliant on sounds and I can’t seem to rely on them anymore. I wear a headset, I hear all the other sounds, but I’d say i’m not hearing something that I should be hearing, every other match and its really frustrating. Just trying to figure out if this is a bug or if this is something in my settings related.

They’re working on it: There is a problem with sounds in Overwatch and it needs to be looked at - #3 by ScottLawlor-1589

1 Like